Hello, guys. My friend had some serious problems with his knee pain. When he walks, he has pain. Even when he sits for hours, his knee hurts. I wonder what this could be. Some say it could be chondromalacia of the patella. Can anyone verify this? I would appreciate all your replies.

Hello. I have heard about hondromalacia of the patella. This is caused by the damage of the cartilage under kneecap. The main symptom is knee pain. It appears when walking, but it can appear when just sitting. It can appear after hours of sitting. Pain also appears when kneeling. It also appears when extending your knee. At advanced stages there is knee stiffness. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello. My aunt had chondromalacia of the patella. She really had pain in every situations mentioned above. Maybe your friend should try with arthroscopy. This method can visualize the damaging of the cartilage. Of course, MRI is even better. He should consult his doctor. I hope he will be all right. Please, let me know if I can help in any way. Bye!