hi i went to the doctor yesterday and they said i had a urinary track infection. i'm sexually active and have had only one partner. i am now on meds for the UTI and now i'm kinda freaking out that i'm pregnant because my period is suppose to come today(i know, i probably shouldn't be) so do you know if UTI's affect your period?

thanks so much

Aslo sexually active and, was resently told i had a UTI and my period was also supposeed to start a few days ago, so i'm wondering ,does the UTI infection delay your period? Or do i have to worry of pregnancy?

If you take anibiotics for your UTI, it increases your risks of becoming pregnant.

im freaking out.. my girlfriend and i always have protected sex , she got burning sensations roughly one day she was supposed to get her period.. she is now a week late and i dont know what to think .. because im really worried

hi i went to da doctor yesterday and they said i have a Uti and clymida but i have not gotten my period can i still be pregnant? and im also having syptoms like i am.... can i be?

I have a mild uti, treating it at home. It has not delayed my period at all. I got the uti a day before my period was to come, and my period is no lighter than usual either. If you know you are more than a few days lat for your period (or if your girlfriend is) I would highly recommend getting a home pregnancy test and taking it! The sooner you know, the better. If it's positive, talk with your partner about what to do next. If it's negative, give it a few days and try again. If it's still negative and you have had no period, you may want to go to a doctor to make sure there aren't any other health problems. In some cases, a uti can spread to a womans reproductive organs, but I don't know if this will affect menstruation. Good luck!

Can wearing tampons while having a uti be bad?
also, does anyone know how to tell when a uti is gone?
or how long once the symptoms are gone that you can begin having sex again?

not sure if the UTI itself affects your period. Mine's a lot lighter than normal but am still getting my regular monthly pains!
I think more often than not if it's not happening it's stress related. Worrying too much about everything will make it delayed. I once went 6 months without a period simply because of stress and anxiety!! probably nothing to worry about :-)

I am one of those unfortunate people who get UTIs often. They usually occur a week before my expected period. The nurses at the hospital told me that it was possible the UTI was related to my period. I never noticed a difference with my monthly cycle. Hope this helps?

Guest wrote:

i am the same please what was your solution?

hey i jest been told i have a upper uti  and i came on the next day i cant sleep eat do any thing im lifeless help im in so much pain

So your doctor told you you have a UTI but he/she didn't give you anything for it?

Find another doctor.

You can self medicate on cranberry juice but it sounds like your infection is heading to the kidneys already. So you should really see a new doctor to give you some anti idiotic.

lol maybe shes virgin