HI MY NAME IS LISA I'M 18 YEARS OLD AND SEXUALLY ACTIVE. I HAVE HAD THE UTI FOR SEVEN MONTHS EACH MONTH. I HAVE TAKEN DIFFERENT MEDICATION AND NOW MY DOCTOR IS SENDING ME TO A SPECIALIST. I WANT TO FIND OUT WHY AM I GETTING IT.

THANKS

If you have been taking meds for 7 months to no avail then it probably isn't an infection. It could be interstitial cystitis, which is a deterioration of the bladder lining. The symptoms are identical to urinary infections. They have good treatments for IC but they may take a few months for you to feel relief. In the mean time, go to the store and buy some AZO without cranberry (if you do have IC then you should not have cranberry or anything acidic as it will make it hurt even worse). You can find this in the pharmacy section. It will make your urine turn orange but it will numb the area and allow you to have somewhat of a normal life until they can figure out what it is. Also, make sure to drink tons of water so that you are flushing out whatever is in there.

I'm 15, Not sexually activate at all, I don't masturbate

Got infected in september, Been taking anti bio to clear infection, I'm still infected somemore, But it's going away very slowly

Hello, I have had chronic UTI x 18 years. I just found out i have IC last year. I pray you do not have IC. Having sex can give you an UTI even if you pee and wash up after. My doctor has alwasy had me take a prevenitive anit bioctic 250mg every time i have sex, otherwise 90% of the time i will get one. As the other person said if you don't have IC you can try cranberry pills after all signs of infection are gone.
Good Luck