Hello, I am 27 years old and I am in my first pregnancy. I am in a second month and so far there were no problems and I hope it will stay like that. But I am afraid that something might go wrong, especially because I had the broken pelvis injury couple of years ago. It is ok now, but I have heard of the pelvis constantly shifting and other situations that might occur in pregnancy. Will using chiropractics help here or not?

You said one important thing; it is ok now, so your pelvis should not betray you. You could see the chiropractic specialist, because it can help in early discovering of some disorder that might include pelvis or any other body area. And also, there might be some complications that are not dangerous for the baby, but might bring you some neural-musculoskeletal problems after the delivery.

In my third pregnancy,I had an injury to one of the joits attaching my pelvis to my leg. This unfortunately lead to me developing a separated pelvis after giving birth which was very painful. I had the baby almost 4 months ago, my pelvis is no longer separated but the bone has shifted from its normal position which causing me all kind of ackes and pains.

Im seeing a manipulative physio therapist for this purpose and was told by my doc and physio, that should I get pregnant again after healing from this problem, i will end up having the same problem unless i work on strengthning the muscles that hold it.

I would suggest you see a manipulative physiotherapist which will assess where youre injury is and if it has affected the symmetry, then can give you a regimen of toning excersizes to prevent you of having rthe severe form of pubic symphisis.

good luck

I had an injury to my pelvis when I was nine months pregnant. Basically, I tore a ligament in the area. After birth as a result, my pelvis separated and couldn't walk. Now I can walk but my pelvis is in mislaignment and is causing me so many problems. Had I knew this would happen because of my injury, I would have sought help, but did not thing it was a serious thing. My baby is now 10 months, I'm still suffering. Please I urge to seek help. Try to see a physiotherapist for your core muscles in order to aggravate things after labour.