I have been battling Thoracic Outlet Syndrome for three years from a prior career in computer programming. I am practicing yoga now, while my symptoms have improved, I still battle tingling and loss of sensation in my hands, forearms and lower legs. Is yoga good therapy for me?

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome is a condition that requires both bodywork and yoga therapy. General therapy recommendations are to tone the muscles that widen the scapula and upper thoracic region, serratus anterior and pectoralis major. This needs personal attention and I think you should discuss this with some physiotherapist.

I am 13 year old girl and I have TOS, I have 2 extra ribs and my whole arm will go blue if I go out side or when I do PE. I go to physio and I need to have both removed. I have been doing swimming and yoga but these only help when I am doing them. I also have hyperreflexia in my joints and so have to wear brace/strap. I have had an x-ray and I am booked in next month. I am wondering will there be any scaring and will it hurt alot afterwards?