My brother is very embarrassed about his health problem. He is 17 years old and as he says, had unprotected sex on several occasions with different girls. Now he is experiencing problem, which I think is genital herpes. He is not willing to go to a doctor and I don't know how to help him. A friend of ours told s that he has been using Famvir for genital herpes. Can I get it without prescription?

I don't know if that med can be acquired without prescription, I got it for my problems through the doctor and I would strongly recommend him to go to a doctor. First of all, you do not even know if it is herpes he is suffering from. Therefore, Famvir might not help him at all! It could even cause him some complications, because it has some negative side effects. So, I would think carefully before taking some drug without doctor's advice.