i would like to know if whitish thick mucus discharge from newborn's vagina is normal or not

A normal egg-white vaginal discharge is common between the inner labia and vagina and some vaginal discharge is going to appear for some time so don’t worry too much about it.

I am sure that you have mentioned this to your pediatrician and that he probably told you to wiping it with the oil. If you are doing this and your little girl doesn’t bother just be sure that you are doing that from the front to the behind and not the other way around. Also you can avoid doing this if you notice that it bothers your little girl and instead of that just put her in a warm bath and don’t touch her private parts with something rough. The nature will do its job anyway and after some time it will self-clean itself out.

it is a sign of a infection. no it is not a normal thing. me and my husband have raised five children and four of them girls. one of my baby girls had that years ago and even she was a less than year old the doctors said that she had a yeast infection. she needed a antibiotic.