My 15 days old niece is observed to have thick whitsh vaginal discharge(not very often though) after urination. our doctor says this was normal i just wanna make sure if it is.

I have heard of this, and even of baby girls having period like bleeding. Apparently this is due to left over hormones from the mum

Hi, I've heard of this happening, but the explanation that the hormones from the mother and whatnot are causing a 15 day old baby to have "vaginal discharge" or bleeding really is a non-medical popular story. In most cases, when both mother and the child are healthy, this is related to the changes the baby's skin is going through after the birth and has nothing to do with reproductive organs simply because they are far far from developed in such a young child. And other cases that similar things happen are when mother (and the baby) have been infected with STD like chlamydia, so I sure would ask around and see if there are chances for that to be the cause because this could be very dangerous for the child. Wish you and your niece the best and congrats!