My doctor told me that Avapro is indicated for the treatment of hypertension. Since that is exactly my problem, he found it appropriate to prescribe this medicine to me. He also told me it could be used alone or in combination with other antihypertensive agents. This sounds somehow unbelievable to me, so I would like to know if my doctor works his job, as it should be. That is why I would like to hear your opinion about Avapro and its usage in hypertension.

Your doctor prescribed you good drug, if hypertension is your problem. However, you need to know, that Avapro is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to any component of this product. For male and female rats, 500 mg/kg/day provided an average systemic exposure to ibesartan. Average systemic exposure was in humans receiving the maximum recommended dose of 300 mg irbesartan/day. Irbesartan was negative in severall tests for induction of chromosomal aberrations. You should be sure that Avapro might be administered with other antihypertensive agents. Avapro may be administered with or without food, so this is also something that should not be worrying you. Avapro is an orally active agent that does not require biotransformation into an active form. The oral absorption of Avapro is rapid and complete with an average absolute bioavailability of 60-80%. I hope this would satisfy your wish to learn more about this medicine, and I would recommend you to stop be suspicious to your doctor, because he knows his job.