I'm only young and curious so yes I play with myself that is embarrassing but when i do there's this vertical skin going from one wall to the other wall over the opening of my vagina at first I didn't know it was there until I tried using a tampon for the first time and the string that's attached to the cotton part of the tampon got wrapped around the vertical skin and I tried to pull but it hurt but I eventually got it out!! I try to break it before I lose my virginity cuz that may happen with in months with me and my boyfriend but I have no clue if it will hurt when he does take my virginity from me ( the vertical skin has tore a bit but didn't bleed did hurt a bit though ) so will it hurt when I do lose my virginity and it breaks?

Health Guru
sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't just depends really how turned on you are and how gentle your bf is. It has been known that using tampons can slowly wear your hymen away. I would advise you to wait a while longer before you have sex with your bf because the first time can be pretty traumatic if your not quite ready!

That vertical skin is your hymen, and it sounds like it has already broken. It varies from person to person, some girls lose there hymen naturally whether they are sexually active or not. Some girls' hymens stay intact longer. It was just your time for your hymen to be gone and the tampon quickened the process. It may or may not hurt when you have sex for the first time. It's relevant to how big or small of a penis your significant other has and how big or small your vagina is. Most likely, it's just going to feel like stretching, and then it will feel good. You will be fine, start off slow, make you're well lubricated, and make sure you communicate to him how it feels regarding pain and comfort so that it doesn't go in too fast for you.