hi
im really embarrased about this but i need help.
ive been looking at my vagina recently and realized that right inside my vagina hole (i can see it when i use a mirror) there seems to be a clot of skin, it doesnt hurt and its blocking the path inside me. there is however slits in this clot in which my boyfriend can finger me through. and we have even had sex, however only once so it hurt quite alot. could you please tell me what this clot of skin might be? is it abnormal?

HELP!!!! :-( %-)

I don't remember what it's called. But I had it too! I noticed it when i first started getting my period. When I would try to take a tampon out it would get stuck on this vertical piece of skin. It didn't hurt or cause me any problems besides that. Then when I had my son, my doctor removed it for me. He said some women are born with it and it's just extra skin. Hope I helped.

every woman on the face of the earth has it, nomally broken the first time you have sex, it does hurt and bleed a little when broken but dont fear, this is completly normal. it does however help if you break it yourself before you do have sex for the first time to save the complication and akwardness. hope this helps.

I remember about 2 years ago I had put in a tampon and when I tried pulling it out the tampon string got stuck on the vertical piece of skin and it hurt SO bad i had to untie the knot in the tampon string and pull the tampon out by the cotton! I just went to the bathroom and felt the piece of skin while I was wiping and I thought it had went away seeing as I haven't used a tampon since then. usually this piece of skin is up in my vaginal hole so I didn't even know it was there! but thank you very much for this post because I was scared something was wrong with me and I'm glad to know other people are having the same problem and it's nothing bad!! thank you very much :D

Yeah i have extra skin down there too. I got a tampon stuck on it once a few years back and haven't worn one since. Now i'm older and i have a boyfriend and he wants to finger me but i'm afraid that because of this extra skin he'll get stuck or it'll hurt really bad, or he'll feel it. It doesn't bother me cuz i never notice it but i don't know what to do. Help?

i have it, and ive been fingered and had sex, the whole shabang.
it doesnt hurt at all for me.
my boyfriend seems to not mind it, i mean we never talked about it
but all girls vaginas are different so i wouldn't worry

i'd only worry if it hurts you when your boyfriend fingers you or if you start to have sex and it hurts every time

Most likely, it's just your Hymen. But as someone older and a regular gynecologist visitor, I'd love to tell you that there is such a thing. A vertical piece of kid usually tucked far into the hole. I would say I've gotten a tampon stuck on it about 5 times in a lifetime and I've actually pulled it out with my finger once. It's totally painless and my gyno has never said anything about it. Hopefully I can find something online oneday, but so far I haven't been able to find a darn thing!

I know that it probably very scary but what everyone has already posted is true. You have a hymen which covers the inside of the vagina, and it usually goes away after it is broken the first time you have sex. It will cause you to bleed just a bit when you first have sex but that's fully normal. I hope that this helps!

it's a hymen irregularity called, I believe, a septate/septal hymen, and it's usually completely harmless if a little awkward to remove. I had one myself and would often get tampons stuck on it, although I had no other problems around it and even had sex a few times with it still unbroken. After one particularly, well, vigorous, go, however, there was some bleeding and, when I looked in the bathroom, it had torn out. I did some research and doctors could have removed it quite easily and saved me a long time of hassle and nervousness as well as embarrassment.
good luck!

I have the same problem too!! I am 20 years old. I am not sexually active, and I'm saving my virginity for my husband (I know I know, super old fashioned).
When I first began using tampons, I noticed that when I tried to pull them out, I would get a sharp pain and it would get stuck. After panicking for awhile, I got a mirror and saw that it was caught above a thin piece of skin, almost like the tampon was stradling it. I simply had to push the tampon over to one side and pull it out. This has only happened with tampax because their structure is rectangular. I have found the most comfortable tampon is Playtex because the are shaped like an icecream cone and they don't expand around the string (which is where they get caught).

I have been so worried about it and embarrassed that I went online to try to find out what it is. I didn't want my husband to freak out and think I'm deformed. I am so glad that I found this website, and your post because it has helped my confidence, and made me realized I am not the only one with this slight abnormality.

Here is a picture I found that might help! http://thelongslumber.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/hymen1.jpg

I am only 16 and have the same problem. Like most, i noticed it through tampons, and i am very embarrassed about it. I havent told my mum, so am very relieved to find i am not the only one, and that it seems pretty normal. As i am still a virgin, i am worried about when i lose my virginity, it will really hurt, as i am aware of how painful it was when removing tampons.
But thankyou for the post and replies. Have made me feel so much better about.

i have this also and got it looked at from the doctor but he told me nothing was wrong and it was just my skin around but i want it gone, i feel embarassed about it. i have had sex and it doesnt hurt but its still there and i am getting annoyed with it getting stuck on tampons. if it is something that will break am i able to break it myself ?

yes you are able to break it yourself. all you need to do is get a hold of it and run your nail across it untill it snaps it does hust a wee bit bit not bad at all x

anonymous wrote:

anonymous wrote:

yes you are able to break it yourself but does not soun very nice. all you need to do is get a hold of it and run your nail across it untill it snaps it does hurt a wee bit bit not bad at all. it should break have sex but if not a would do it yoursaelf coz it saves the embaressment you feel x

Hi! I'm 15, i have it too & i was so scared about it, i didn't know until yesterday, because i was trying to use a tampon for the first time, and i couldn't, so i tell my mom that i had a thing there & she told me that i was born with it & i never knew about it until now! I ask her to please take me to the doctor to see if when i grow up i can have a baby, & she said nooo!!:-( so i look it up & found this, so thank you very much you have given me a relief because now i know it's nothing serious! :')