What does the hymen look like?? I tried looking for it..but i dont kno exactly what it looks like..! and if i pop my hymen with my finger will it hurt like a penis? will it bleed? im scared for my first intercourse with a penis..it will hurt to badly..that is why i want to break my hymen with my fingers..HELP give me advice..tell me what is best..?!

1st of all honey! Your hymen is there for a reason! And not ALL first times are painful! Depending on how old you are I would NOT suggest you doint this at all! There is no shame in having a hymen! And why should you pretend that you are not a virgin with your first time!!!? I think EVERYONE should wait till they are much older to have sex, because it changes EVERYTHING! IF you can't be honest with your first lover - and hopefully it will be his first time too - then why would you have sex with someone that "expects you to NOT be a virgin" what does that say about that guy AND your image!? Don't be a topic of conversation OK? Being a Virgin is NOTHING to be ashamed of! Actually I think it should be the other way, IF a guy thinks you have slept around and that he ISN'T the first, I guarantee you honey he WILL tell ALL of his friends! I have 2 teenage boys and you would NOT believe how they talk about girls that AREN'T virgins!!! It's DISGUSTING! So don't put yourself in that position OK? Have faith in yourself and the guy you are 1st with!

The hymen is a sensitive piece of skin at the base of your vagina! And you could cause damage to it if you tear it incorrectly! LOVE yourself more than an image OK? Good luck and health honey!

Im 13..and i didnt want to do anything at this age i was jus curious about the feeling and the blood..im not ashamed of it..jus wondering..its around that age when i need to learn MORE about myself anyway..and what if it does hurt the first time..how will it feel is what i want to know

Hi Honey! I understand! The hymen is a thinish piece of skin at the base of the opening of your vagina! It is similar to the foreskin - Not really needed but there! IF you have sexx when you are really young, you will bound to have PAIN and bleeding! The longer you wait the more your body can handle the physical part! Thus children - when they are raped - have TERRIBLE traumas, over an older person, who of course have trauma, but their vaginas have grown etc I just didn't want yout to do something to yourself! Also know this MANY guys like to be a womans first! And depending on when you get married, som men would REALLY want you to be a virgin! I had that option taken away from me!! :'( BUT if that hadn't happened I would have still been a virgin when I married my husband! I'm not religious I have just seen FAR too many of my friends with pregnancy, or sti's so it turned me off - also the thought of my dad beating me up!!! ;-) If you have any questions just ask away, that's what I'm here for OK? Good luck and ehalth honey

Well..does it always hurt on the first time? young or grown...

Not always, and there's hurt and then there's HURT! Every woman and each experience is different, so if someone is tender and takes it easy it will sting, but if they are large and uncaring then it WILL hurt - regardless! It's not intolerable, BUT you have to be in a relationship so you can talk about things and be able to stop just in case! Because if you are OUT there and some guy couldn't care less if you have a twinge or not, then it WILL be devestating for you! And IF the first time is not treated with tenderness and love, then this will have detrimental effects on you for future relationships! I have counselled many young girls on here and frineds of my sons, and all I can tell you is they ALL have one thing in common! How they feel about sex AFTER their first time! If it was with someone that used them, their experiences are negative - of course! But if it was done tederly and with understanding their experience and thoughts are more positive! Just like anything else right? Think of it like you are driving a car for the first time! You are driving along and a guy hits you - he doesn't care and drives off leaving you there, you will be shook up and nervous about doing it again! BUT if your first time driving is nerve wracking yet it goes smoothley and no accidents or pain, you are going to feel really good about it! Does this make sense?

I want to start using tampons for during my menstral cycle but my hymen is still in tact. Will I have to break it to use them ?? I'm almost 14 yrs old.

Hi honey! No you don't have to break your hymen - there should be no need it tearing as long as you use the right size of tampons! I would suggest - until you get a real grip on when your period is due (heaviness etc) I would advise you to buy teenage tampons - they are smaller in width (cutting down the chance of breaking your hymen) IF the tampon is too big, 1. it WILL hurt your hymen 2. Cause your vaginal fluids to dry up due to the strength of the tampon 3. Feel like tearing when you are trying to pull it out and it is dry! So carry panty liners with you ALL the time (as it can change from week to week) always be prepared, and start small, IF you are changing it say every 2 hours - your probably need a larger one (as in regular size) OK? Hope that helps!

This is very good advice! I'm 16 years old and was wondering the same thing, but I think I should wait till im married, I feel also that its special to be a Virgin kind of. Thanks :)

i wanna find out how to do it too but not at this age.. but every time i ask the get all crazy and stuff so when u find, tell me cus i wanna kno..!

The first time may or may not be painful also base on your partner and your own pain durability. The hymen isn't nevessarily the most painful part, rather, it's the fact that your body ie. vagina is not used to something inside thicker than your average tampon

Hey I am 17. Don't get to excited about losing your virginity. Think about what you are doing and the posible concequences first. Trust me I know from experience. It didn't really hurt me my first time because I can tolorate pain pretty well, plus the guy was experienced, however, I just felt used. So please don't get involved with sex until you are positive either that the guy loves you, and that he will be gentle.

Can somebody help me with my problem?

Maybe, if we knew what it is?

this is THE most RIDICULOUS RESPONSES IVE EVER HEARD FROM the Guest in 'reply to jenah98)...... any girl, virgin or not can use a tampon... n u r NOT losing ur virginity to a tampon..... stupidest thing ive ever heard... ur hymen or 'virginity' is @ the bottom of ur vaginal opening... like bambi said, n theres a 'hole' in it for lack of a better way to say it.... n lites tampons can b used, keep practicing over n over, it shouldn't hurt, or b uncomfortable to use, n its n wrong if it is hurtn...be sure to not be having a 'light' day for when u try the 1st time use of tampons... n as u use the lights n get used to it, then u can go up to the regulars...... until ur an adult or YOUR obgyn says its ok, I wud stay away from using supers......... if u don't know from a medical standpoint u shouldn't try to give any advice... u sound like an immature lil teen age boy.... w ur cussin n sayn jackass stuff.