I am 58 years old and was incorrectly diagnosed and prescribed adderall for ADD by an MD. I since changed to a clinical psychologist who tested me and showed that I did not have any form of add. After about a month on this med I noticed a great emotional sensitivity and periods of depression although the adderal seemed to make me more focused. Recently I missed a dose and had been sleeping irregualrily had a break down of crying in the AM and which the led me to an out of character violent rage for about 1 minute in which I ended up punching someone close to me. I have never done this before in my life and wondered if there was any other recorded record of this happening.
Phil

WOW...I'm so glad to hear your story (not that its a good thing) but Me and my fiance have been together now for 4 1/2 years and just broke up a few days ago, because out of nowhere he got mad at me and hit me in the face after this violent rage!!! He has had episodes like this before where he would just fly off the handle and ""pick fights" with me, and I could never figure out why or where they were coming from!!! For the last couple years our relationship has been so up and down, I mean 1 min we are talking about our wedding and the next day he is yelling at me saying that he hates me and never wants to see me again!!! I just realized he started taking adderall xr about the same time we started having major relationship problems. PLEASE tell me that if he quit taking this med that all this rage and hostility and mood swings would go away!!!