I am 41 years old woman, and I started to think about my life. All this time I didn’t have reason to have someone beside me. I went to faculty and lived with my parents. I know this is not excuse, but I never wanted to have boyfriend or husband, or any sexual intercourse. That’s why I want to know is it wrong to be virgin after 41, does hymen mean anything to women?

Hymen is a thin membrane that partially covers the vaginal entrance of most females at birth. The intact hymen is sometimes erroneously thought to prove virginity. That is because it can actually be broken by many activities beside sexual intercourse. Horseback riding can cause imperforation of hymen, and even usage of tampons. If you used to have those activities, maybe it is possible you are not virgin any more. If you really are a virgin, I can’t see why that should be problem to you. The only advice I could give you is to find person you will be able to live with when you get old. It is not about losing virginity and hymen, but about your social life. Hymen and virginity is not something what could bother you ever, and you shouldn’t be worried about that. Maybe you should try to have someone and stop thinking about the fact you are virgin.

Breaking the hymen through exercise or usage of tampons or any other way does not mean that you're not a virgin anymore. You lose your virginity when you have sexual intercourse. Your hymen can be broken in many ways without you even noticing but it doesnt mean you're not a virgin. If you're 41 and still a virgin and you're happy with that then thats entirely your choice. Dont lose your virginity just because its considered the "normal" thing to do

In reading a few of your articles you seem to refer to the hymen as your virginity... and imply that girls could lose there virginity by inserting tampons or horse back riding..

as you say the hymen is a membrane that is often broken when a girl loses her viginity.. but it is not their virignity.. a girl can brake her hymen without losing her virginity

the only way to lose your virginity is to have sexual intercourse.. and may or maynot involve the breaking of the hymen.

I think losing your virginity at 41 there has got to be something wrong (no offence) but it is necessary for men and women to experience intercourse to release and develope the hormones that are necessary to live healthy life... even if you doing it with yourself!

Babe all im gonna say is LOOK! who cares about what anyone thinks and alot of people are still virgins after 40+ good for you:) if that makes you happy then its great that you can leave without somthing all i can say it thats pretty kool:) there nothing wrong about it :) xxx

can any one tell me that if a women loss her virginity then it can be regain or not by any means like medicine etc.please give answer to that question .i want to save some one life

not true. as someone states above, she doesnt NEED to lose her viginity because its classified as 'normal'. its her body, she can do with it as she pleases. i stayed a virgin until i was 25. wanna know why? cuz i didnt care what others though. i didnt want sex at that time and didnt really feel the need to have it.

You need to lose your virginity in order to release and develop hormones necessary to live life? I laughed so hard I almost fell on the floor! So, you can't be healthy and live life if you are a virgin? That is the most ridiculous comment I've ever heard.
To all virgins out there, regardless of age or sex, it's all comes down to a matter of choice. You can opt try to steak tartare or you can decide to pass. Whatever you choose--you'll live. Trust me. Sex with the right man, at the right time for the right reason can be the most intense experience you'll ever have. However, the opposite holds true, too. So, go with your gut and not with what society dictates you must do.

hello

I am 41 years old, never had sexual intercourse until the day before yesterday. I am so clueless whether my virginity is broken. He slipped his penis in, but is was very painful and I did bleed a little for 2 days, but surprisingly enough, after "sex", I was walking fine, no pain, just itchiness.
Please advise, I don't know if I am still a virgin or not, as I try to place my finger into my vagina, but its too painful:(

Hello Tasmia.
I assume by "virginity is broken" you mean "hymen is broken".
If you have had sexual intercourse, then you are technically no longer a virgin, whatever the state of your hymen.
When "He slipped his penis in" the fact that "was very painful and I did bleed a little for 2 days" would indicate that your hymen is broken.
I am not surprised that afterwards "I was walking fine, no pain, just itchiness". That is not unusual.
It may well be that "as I try to place my finger into my vagina, but its too painful" is because of the recent rupture, and over time will heal.
You can check the state of your hymen by using a hand-mirror.
I hope this helps as a start. If you want to discuss it in more detail, please just ask (privately if you prefer).

I am 41 years old woman and still a virgin. I want to loose it but am always scared to. What shall do?

Why do you want to lose it? What are you scared about?
There are many who are still virgins at 41 (and older) and are proud of it.

To hell with virginity: be happy with whom you are.

Be happy with who you are - a virgin
{not whom!!!}