This post is an extension of the

Does bleeding mean i lost my virginity
thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

Not necessarily, Jenny. If you had sexual intercourse, yes it does. If you did not have intercourse, then the answer is no, even though your maidenhead (hymen) may be ruptured. "Virginity" doesn't mean an intact maidenhead, it means a state of not having had sexual intercourse.

Oooo... I really like your answer, Sandman...
That's the best I've heard yet.

yeah i hate these people who say it is your hymen so what if i m horseriding or cycling and it breaks i lost my virginity to a horse?

Surely penis in vagina = loss of virginity.
Simple as that?

but wat if onli the begining of the penis entered (the head) to the vagina does that mean ur not a virgin???????

I think it's a matter of perspective. I wanted to lose my virginity, but once I was in the act we both realized that there was no way he was going to fit more than half an inch in me. But I was seriously annoyed and decided that that counts.

just for the record, not all women are born with hymens

Yes, bleeding means lost of virginity.. Also if only the beginning comes in it's considered as loosing of virginity..

or to a cycle!!

yes it means you are not a virgin. you had a penis in your vagina, this is sexual intercourse, the act that takes your virginity.

bleeding has nothing whatsoever to do with virginity. my girlfriend didn't bleed when we both had sex for the first time, though we were both virgins.

i find it utterly amazing that people who have access to the internet can be so misinformed and have so many misconceptions about sexuality and virginity.

virgin: one who has not had sexual intercourse, the more traditional meaning is one that has not had vaginal intercourse, whether as a man or woman. quite simply if you put your penis in a vagina you're not a virgin. if you have a penis in your vagina you're not a virgin, even if it "was only a little bit".

however these days i think it's fair to expand the definition to involve other sexual activities. if you have anal sex you are not a virgin in my humble opinion. oral sex on the other hand is not "real" sex but that's open for debate.

the hymen has virtually nothing to do with actual virginity. it's just a thin membrane that covers the vagina. it is entirely absent in some women, diminished in others and in some cases completely closes the vagina. breaking the hymen does not mean you lost your virginity unless it was in the act of penetrative sex. "virginity" is a concept more than a physical state. it just describes someone who hasn't had sex yet. there is no exam that can be taken to prove a woman is a virgin except if she has a completely closed hymen (which can't be the case with a woman who menstruates as a completely closed hymen must be surgically opened to allow passage of menstrual blood and debris). it is possible for a woman to have an intact hymen even after penetrative sex.

people need to stop associating the hymen with virginity, it's not true and it's an unhealthy idea to pass on to others. imagine the distress of a girl who is born without a hymen or ruptures it through one of the previously mentioned activities when they read this sort of fallacy on the net and think they're not a virgin.

oz wrote:

babyqueen wrote:

Quote:

Thank-you. That was amazingly worded, and I tip my hat to you good sir/madam.

you're welcome :-)

yes i had sex over day and i codnt fit the whole of my penis in the women but it was still good she was a virgin but it was quiet painfull getting my penis inside her

sandman. best i have heard as well. best answer.

when i had my first intercourse i didn't bleed