Hi all,

About two days ago, I developed a little bit of a fever and had the chills for a few hours. At around the same time, I started having these sharp pains around my stomach area; the pains started to the left of my belly button and moved over to the far-right side of my stomach area. Along with that, I've had diarrhea and I've been burping a lot. I stayed home from work yesterday hoping that the fever and stomach pain would go away; I was half-right in that the fever went away by this morning but everything else stayed as-is. Anyways, I took another day off work today and went to a walk-in clinic this afternoon to get things checked out; the doctor there did a few pressure tests on my stomach but didn't find anything out of the ordinary. She suggested that I stick to a very simple diet of rice, bananas, etc., I guess anything that would more or less constipate me, it seems.

In the mean time, I've been doing some research of my own and I'm really worried that I might have appendicitis. I'm not vomiting, but I do have most of the other symptoms. To add to my list of symptoms, the same right side of my stomach is warmer than the rest of it.

The only other thing I can think of that *may* have caused everything that I'm experiencing is what I ate two nights ago... I had some canned corn along with some meat and while I was swallowing some of the corn, I felt something sharp scratch the back of my throat. At the time, I didn't think much of it, but when I started having the stomach pain, I thought that maybe a small bit of metal might have fallen into the corn while I was opening the can.

So my question to the Steady Health community is... Should I worry? Should I check into a hospital? o.O Do you think it'll go away on it's own?

You may have symptoms of gastroenteritis (stomach flu). The doctor at your walk in clinic must have suspected it because she had suggested a simple diet of rice, bananas, etc., the exact diet recommended for stomach flu. I think your condition will go away on its own. Go to the hospital ER if your condition persists.