hey, right first im going to start by saying, if anyone judges me about abortions i wouldnt like your opinions there are other forums you can do that on. ok, i had an abortion 5 weeks ago which i REALLY REGRET! let me stress that fact.

anyway wont go into all of that but me and my husband have since then been having unprotected sex most days. have had some very early pregnancy signs that might not be anything like, headaches, dizzyness, lower back pain, eating habits changed, constipation, stress levels off the chart lol.

i used ovulation tests and was ovulating for 2-3 weeks after abortion but that stopped... then yesterday started bleeding but was very light pink to start with and now just normal kinda period looking and seeming... thought it could've been implantation bleeding? because i wasnt suppose to be due on for another week and a half... could it be from the abortion? or is it implantation bleeding? is it my period? am i pregnant? does this bleeding signify a problem if i am pregnant? help very confused!!

again please no response if im going to be judged, or lectured just need a little advise.

thank you.

Hi honey! Anytime you have had a pregnancy - abortion, miscarriage, etopic pregnancy, pregnancy, you are at a higher risk of becoming pregnant! As your HCG levels are still high - and your body more "accomodating" to the foregin object so to speak! SO since you have been having unprotected sex since then you are at a higher chance of becoming pregnant over any other time! so the best thing to do is wait a few more days and then take a test, lets see what that says first OK? good luck and health honey

thanks. well hope i am. will be doing another test in a couple of days. but am very worried about the bleeding...!!! hope there isnt a problem with the pregnancy if i am... anyone else got any idea? or own experiences similar?

thanks.

I know you wanted someone else to give their imput, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this again OK? When you have an abortion or miscarriage, your body can be wonky for while after, you can have 2 periods in 1 month, none at all etc. Implantation spotting is just that spotting - it is from the embryo burrowing into the lining of the uterus! And it does NOT happen all the time! So I think this is more than likely a wonky period, as you stated you had an abortion 5 weeks ago, then you ovulated 2-3 weeks after that so you are supposed to get your period now! As ovulation usually happens 2 weeks after the first day of your period, and then the period happens 2 weeks after ovulation! In the mean time start taking prenatal vitamins - IF you are pregnant they help with the embryo, IF you aren' t they dramatically increase your fertility! Good luck1

:-) thanks i do really appreciate all the info you've given me! i spend hours on google researching things all the time so this helps get my questions answered a bit quicker and more to the point. i have a feeling the bleeding(which is lightening up but still there) is from the abortion because alot of it has been quite brown and obviously that means its old blood. couldnt resist yesterday and did another pregnancy test is still showing negative not even a faint line. which does confuse me because after an abortion your told (and can read on net) that your extremely fertile and considering we've been having unprotected sex, almost everyday since, didnt think it was possible for me to not be pregnant...? any ideas?

Thanks.

Even though this is true - about the fertility - there are other factors to consider! The uterus isn't used to being messed with right So I think that your uterus is fighting back a bit! It goes through a lot - with an abortion, miscarriage, birth, etopic pregnancy! So sometimes it takes some time to calm down! I have to say that I AM a little concerned - IF this isn't a period - that you might have tissue left! So IF you continue to bleed and it is NOT like a peirod - even with you hoping etc - then I would like you to go to the doctor - so they can make sure all the tissue was removed! Did you have it chemically or surgicakly done?

it was a medical with the pills. apparently normally with this type of one there is a very small chance there being tissue left. its now been 5 days of bleeding and it seems to be stopping now which is what my periods are usually like.. yeah i kinda thought that maybe my body is kinda rejecting wanting to be pregnant again because of everything that its been through..?

thanks.

Good as long as it is acting like a regular period then this is good! Just watch out for any temperature or feeling yucky OK? I REALLY don't like the idea of self abortions - with the pills as I have counselled quite a few women on here that have had problems! So just keep an eye on it! And also know that you could actually have a regular period again this month! You just never know with the uterus fighting back!

Ok you seem to know but i was just curious do you have any credentials or are you speaking from experience.

My ex girlfriend had an abortion, used the pills, and began having anxiety or panic attacks.. she says her heart begins to race, and then she starts to freak out saying she cant breathe?

Could this be because of her hormonal imbalance? Also she mentioned today, almost 6 weeks later from the time of the abortion that she had 2 or 3 periods already?

Something i also wanted to throw out there is that when she is pregnant she has the everyday morning sickness, where shes always throwing up and has constant nausea. Also always spitting.. dont know if that factors in also..

Im in a simular situation had an abortion 7 weeks ago, didnt want to had to for health reasons at the time, me and my hubby always have unprotected sex, not sure when i ovulated, had 2 days of bleeding last week, thought it was af but went away now this week light brw spotting and pink off and on yesterday and today now that's gone, feel very pregnant and have been, only thing thats worrying me is a dull discomfort on my right side, im not feeling heaviness in my uterus, thinking its pregnancy prob too soon to test,
Advice would be great, thx ladies!

Hi, I'm experience the same thing right now and not sure what it can be, I had an abortion with the pill on june 2014 and I recently had unprotected sex like 2 weeks ago and after I did my period started, my period isn't supposed to start until the end of this month, and I'm spotting a little and I feel something different inside close to my uterus, did you ever find out what it was by any chance??

I am in the exact same boat as Jade. You are not alone. The regret, the desire to have my baby back with hubby and the syptoms. I believe that you are! I definately am again! My very best wishes to you! Sincerely,

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had an abortion about 9 weeks and 3 days today i had unprotected sex the 21st of August and what i thought was my period came on for 3 days stopped and has been light pink to bright red and brown spotting on and off all this week what is going on any answers?

It's been 8 weeks since I've had my abortion. The day after the procedure I started the pill. The nurse said it would help my period get back to normal sooner. I got my period right on schedule. It wasn't normal, but I didn't expect it to be. I stopped taking the pill once I got my period because it was so hard to remember to take them. I decided that it would be a better choice for me to do an iud or implant. I haven't had it put in yet. I had sex what I believe to have been like a couple of days past ovulation so I'm not so much worried about pregnancy. I am however worried. I started my period Thursday (9/11). I have been having sharp cramping pains in my pelvic area off and on. My back is also hurting. My period was extremely heavy for a day considering what is typical for me. I called the place where I had the abortion done. They say that it's normal but I don't know. My period has ended and I'm still having a lot of symptoms. I was fine until a few days ago...even after the procedure. Is this normal?

I had an abortion 7wks ago an i didnt have a period at all in Dec but i just started spotting yesterday?? Whar could this be?