I had a parathyroidectomy 2 years ago. Since then I have gained weight, despite the fact that I have been eating less and healthier. I gained a bit of the weight within about 5 months of surgery, then it continued to creep up and has leveled off. I'm not looking for excuses, but am wondering if there is any correlation between a parathyroidectomy and weight gain? I was tested for THYROID problems, but all is normal.

I have had my surgery when I was 5 months pregnant. I had 3 parathyroid remove. With my being only 25 yr I was surprise that I jumped up in weigh after I had my daughter my weigh never went away but went up too 178. I think that it is the surgery. At first I thought that they took the wrong part. lol

But I think that they need to look into it because I think it has to do with the surgery and removal.

fancybunting@octoberorganics.com

I have had 3 parathyroids removed in January 2007. Since then my weight has not been the same. I gained more than 20 lbs and it won't come off no matter I do! I have had my thyroid checked as well and they said it is normal. I think there is something they are not telling us about this surgery. Something needs to be done! I am tired of my weight being like this.

hello I also had three parathyroids removed and have gained a lot of weight which also made me very tired I am on thyroxin now 5mg but excess weight has not come off has your weight
gone back to normal yet
Crystal