I'm looking for a parathyroid surgeon in pa who has done the same type of operations performed by Dr. Norman in Tampa.

3 weeks ago I underwent minimally invasive parathyroidectomy by Dr. Cohen and after all the scare and worry from all the doctors I had heard, the surgery was done in one hour and I went home the next morning without pain, hoarseness, or swallowing problems. My PTH level went from 140 to 25 which is in the normal range. My scar was 1 and 1/2 inches and I can barely see it as he said he does a plastics closure. I recommend him to everyone with thyroid and parathyriod problems, no question. :-)

I had to have a second parathyroid surgery performed because the first surgeon didn't know what the hell he was doing and he removed two of my normal parathyroid glands. (HE WAS DR. MICHAEL D.
MARTYN IN COLUMBUS, OHIO ----- DON'T GO TO HIM!!!)

I finally found a good surgeon here at the James Cancer Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, and he was
excellent. He removed the bad gland in shortly over an hour and the only problem I'm having now
is getting my calcium level regulated.

His name is Dr. William Farrar and their office phone number is 614 293-8890.

Bob

Where is Dr Cohen located? I'm looking for someone in the DC/ Northern VA area.... need someone quickly. This has gone on way too long.

did you ever locate a minimally invasive parathyroid surgeon?  i need one really badly.  please write back and tell me all you know about the available surgeons to do this.

Dear Drew Forte,

Can you give m Dr. Cohen's full name and location? You posted on the steady health website, where many people are asking for minimally invasive parathyroidectomy doctors, and said that Dr. Cohen had done a good and effective job. But I don't know how to find him and really need to try to access him to do my surgery. Rachel Elizabeth

Have Sarcoidosis and Hyperparathyroidism, the Mayo clinic who first diagnosed my Hyperparathyroidism wanted to do the surgery ASAP but the Surgeon called in for consult refused and the Endicrinologist put me on Sensipar and then they through us people on Advantage care Medicare out, because of the $$ issue. I asked him what I would do if the new Endriconologist didn't give me the Sensipar he said you need to have the surgery.  Well I have yet to have the surgery, but I have studied what is wrong and it's not as easy as, "passing a stone" I now understand what my PARATHYROID GLANDS do for my body and I AM 100% sure I need surgery. I can't take the anti-depression pills they give me any more and by the way they never worked, but I have nothing to help me I feel as if I'm going crazy and my stomach feels as if there are knives in it every time I eat. I need the surgery I wrote Dr. Oz what a joke he's a brand and that's all he is, I thought he was a doctor who cared. Well now I have to start the journey to find a surgeon that can help me I can't fight the Sarcoidosis but I can help myself by finding a Surgeon who will do the MIRP.   

Did you ever find someone that would do the MIRP in PA?

I found a doctor and have not had the operation yet. You can look him up and let me know if you have an opinion if you wish. His name is Dr. Douglas Fraker, he is at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, at the Abramson Cancer Center, but does not at all only work with cancer patients. His surgery is somehow different than Dr. Norman's. As I said, I have not experienced the surgery yet but hope to since my calcium is high according to tests. You may reply to me if you wish.

rachel elizabeth wrote:

Arryn wrote:

Hi Rachek
I've heard that Dr. Fraker does the regular surgery instead of MIRP.
Have you tried scheduling with him yet?

Dr. douglas Fraker at University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center. He has been recommended to me. His method is a little different from Dr. Norman. I will be having mine in about a month.

rachel elizabeth wrote:

Drew Forte wrote:

Dear Drew Forte,

Yes, please let me know if you find the location of Dr. Cohen. I need to find one soon, especially one who performs the minimally invasive procedure. I have two insurance carriers and am sure one of them will cover expenses. Thank you.

Google the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida. They are the best in the world.

Hi. Did you ever have your parathryoid surgery with Dr. Fraker? How as it? I have a parathyroid adenoma and I am searching for a surgeon in Pennyslvania and found your post. Thanks!

I didn't go to Dr. Fraker. If I remember right he does an "open" surgery but hes supposed to be very good.

I went to Tampa.

There was also a Surgeon in Warwick, NY (Advanced Parathyroid something) that I considered.