For those of you that weight train on a consistent basis I have a question for you.

Do you find it harder to keep your weight down when you are lifting? EVer since my 50K in February I have been lifting for about 20 - 30 minutes, 3 times a week and I have seen my strength increase but I am wondering if I am putthing to much mass on. I am back up near 200 pounds and I would much rather be down near 180.

I'm no expert but I can't see you putting on that much mass with 20-30 min. a week lifting 3 times. You using very heavy weight?

Sort of. I know that isn't an exact answer. The routines I have been doing have been calling for about 10 -12 reps of 1 set. The plan I was working was 1 day upper body, 1 day lower body and then 1 day of a total body workout.

I don't pay strict attention to my diet so that could be part of my problem. Maybe I am still taking in more calories than I think I am.

That's what I was thinking maybe too. I try to make healthy choices most of the time but I pretty much eat what I want too.
I follow a 3 day rotation with my weight training. Biceps and back one day, triceps and legs another and shoulders and chest the other day. I really like it and just follow that pattern whether I lift 2 days or 5 days a week. Maybe you need to switch it up again? Maybe 2 sets, lighter weight, a few more reps and spent an extra 10 minutes each time you lift.

I could gain weight walking throught he weight room. Used to PO my old roommate.

Go with higher rep sets and watch what you eat. You might gain some but your shound boost your strength to weight ratio.

Funny...I've noticed my weight drop with consistent running and weight training (though I'm aiming for strength increases not bulking up)...at the same time I have developed the lean look and my strength's improved alot

I had my body fat % checked and it has gone about 1 percent from April so I think I am not eating as well as I thought I was. Time to pay more attention to my calories and how I get them.

my weight stays the same and i dont grow. Its sorta sad, i have to look up to talk to most ppl my age :|

Well, let's see, if your body fat comp has remained essentially unchanged, and you've gained 20 lbs., then guess what? You haven't gained only fat, you've gained MUSCLE! Now, if you want to lose fat, then make sure you pay attention to everything that goes into your mouth. What's your diet like? How much have you been running?

My diet hasn't been very good this summer. I am now making a concerted effort to eat better and drink more water. I have a bad habit of snacking a lot at home and at work. IT takes self control which I dont have much of when it comes to food. I also love BEER and that is a LOT of empty calories.