Hi, I am overweight and recently diagnosed diabetic. If I lose weight will it mean that I will lower my chances of diabetes.

Hi, most diabetics are overweighed. The disease occurs when the body can’t regulate the blood sugar level. If you constantly intake too much food your chances for getting diabetes increase. Weight loss is certainly a way to stop progression of the disease. But, the essential thing is to regulate sugar level. Diabetes is directly related to being overweight and having high blood pressure and high cholesterol. All these metabolic disorders need to be regulated in order to preserve good health.

I am 41.....more recently, blood tests revealed that I had protein in my urine. Also, for the last year or so, I have been having the urge to pee much more often than usual....and when I do pee, I don't get the steady, easy stream that I used to. To be blunt, the urine comes out in spurts and sometimes goes in different direction. I never have any pain, just the urge to use the bathroom, approximately every 1 1/2 hours.

The physician I have been seeing advised that the high protein is likely the result of high blood pressure and/or high cholesteral, about 280.

With medication, weight loss, and lots of exersize, I have lowered my blood pressure to an average of around 120/70. However, I still feel the need to pee alot and I won't know if my protein has lowered until this week. However, I have a feeling that it's still high because I still have to pee all the time.

Is there anything I can do or take to lower the protein in my urine? Is there a relationship between the protein and the frequent urination? Is there anything I can do to stop having to use the bathroom so often? Thank you.