Hi there, sorry if this message is detailed, but I tend to get very paranoid...

Yesterday morning (today is friday) I noticed that it was uncomfortable for me to sit / walk / get up. I looked today, and noticed this almost pea sized bump that is on the outer side of my anus, practically covering it up. I think it's skin colored, but it gets red when irritated. I couldn't really tell, but it looks like there is a dark spot on the bump too. I called for a doctor's appointment, but I can't get in until Monday late afternoon. I was just wondering if anyone happened to have an sort of idea what it could possibly be?? Thanks

damn i have the same thing except its an inch or so above the anus i dont know about the black spot its hard to see but it hurts like sh*t i have no idea what it is either
does it feel like firm flesh when u touch? almost like just a bad bruise?

i just found the same thing today:S at first i thought it was a welt cause i went paint balling today and got shot in the ass, but i touched around and it feels almost as if its coming out of my rectal area, the skin is soft and feels like a big blister what might it be?

I have it too.

Another website with a qaulified doctor said that one similar to mine is external pile.

Mine is purplish black right on the anus, roughly the size of a pea. It happened after I used the bathroom twice in the same day.

I don't know if yours is the same, but if it isn't then you should ask around more.

If it is like mine, he said there's nothing to worry about, and you just need to wait for the swelling to go down.

So anyone here knew what exactly it could be ?

Most defanitly soun slike you have a hemorroid, I'm experiencing somewhat the same thing, other than mine is internal ( my own diagnoses) lol. Itchy, pain when having a bowel movement,bright red blood on toilet paper or stool, All signs of a hemorroid, Plus, a black/purple buldge on the out side of your arse is defanitly a hemorroid. I'm using anusol/Tuck pads for mine, they seem to help take away the pain, ALSO make sur you have some kind of Stool softener to make it easier to have a bowel movement (makes it less strain on you're anus). good luck! hop it gets better! same to me :-)

I have the same although mine isnt painful not bruise like. It was small to ebgin with and then jus this morning it felt like it has gotten bigger. So im really concern as to what this might be.

OK so I had the same thing. Another site had a good explanation. Which was a perinial hematoma, basically if you strain to poop too hard you rupture a blood vessel just under the skin... it swells up like a blood blister and hurts, unless it gets too big or ruptures then it should be fine and go away by it self. Even if it ruptures the site says just to keep it very clean until it heals up to prevent infection.

I've had the same thing and it has become irritating, you may all be suffering from Hemorrhoids. If it becomes irritating, just use preporation H wipes, they have been known to keep it from burning or itching. If it gets any worst I suggest you see a doctor, even if is uncomfortable, just relax, it is not your fault this has occurred but major problems could come from this happening.

How bad would it have to be before you see a doctor about it? I am curious to hear only because I don't know what would be a point where it is intolerable.

Well, sometimes you think it just is there because it's like anything else on your body and just breaks out randomly. But it can be worst then you think but could be nothing. When it starts to be bothersome when going to the bathroom or interacting with every day life then that is when you want to see a doctor, because it shouldn't be interfering. =] Hope it helps. Oh and also, if you think you have anything, if you think you need to see one then just get up and go to see a doctor.

I had this same problem too. a weird bump on my anus and it looked like it was attached to some skin coming out of my butt, so i tried to put it back in. it relieved th pain for awhile but it came back out and hurt like asonofabitch, so i finally got fedup with the pain and went to walgreens store and got some Neosporin, and rubbed it around and that took away the pain, it went away after a day or so later, I still don't know what it was. i've had this befor a few years back , same thing, im ust curious to know what caused it.
m

I have had the same issues as you all have described for a few years now. I waited too long one time to see the doctor and ended up having to have surgery. The hemmroid, or whatever it is became infected and it spread very quick throughout my buttocks and down my thigh. I was so embarrassed which is why I waited so long to see a doctor. I am still dealing with this issue and it is extremely embarrassing for me to be intimate and its painful too. I am a larger woman so I thought maybe that may have something to do with it?

Well hun, no matter the size of the person they can get the same problem :]

it is a perianal haematoma, or external pile i have the same thing just take some one fiber in your boby!