I'm a 16 year-old male and I recently discovered a bump on my anus. I found it when I was taking a dump essentially, I thought it might've been something so I tried to push it back in...but that didn't work so I squeezed it, and I could feel something inside of it move away from the pressure. I don't think it's a tumor, and it might just be a large blood blister. Please, any help is appreciated. I don't have problems walking, but I know it's there, and I haven't really had any severe pain at all, it's just really annoying, and....it itches quite a bit.

Hi there,

I would suggest you to try to look at it with a mirror. Lie down on one side, stretch your legs open and put a small mirror between your legs to have a good look at it. If it really is a blood blister, this is essentially a hemorrhoid.

In any case, I think you have to go check this with a doctor. They are the specialists and will be able to tell you what you have and how it should be treated. Don't be embarassed by it. Loads of people have hemorrhoids - I'd say half of your class have them or will have them during their lives.

I just turned 29 and if I think of me being 16 and having a hemorrhoid, I'd be FREAKING OUT. :-)

But trust me, DON'T. I probably had a hemorrhoid ever since I was 21/22, and if you let it grow, it'll become painful and the surgery process ins't pleasant at all. One thing I learned going through all this was that I shouldn't be embarassed by it, because it does affect people of all shapes, ages and gender. I saw the patients waiting outside my doctor's office and they were young and old, fat and thin, black, white and blue. :-)

If you need any moral support, please let me know! I can assure you I'll try my best to send you nice thoughts! And don't worry - the sooner you know what you have and treat it, the better!

Cheers!

Hi, I have the same thing and I looked at it and it looks swollen and kinda purple from the swelling. I have no blood at all from it and its not itchy but it is causing me a lot of pain and discomfort. I am 14 years, male, and I'm losing my mind I swear. I honestly do not want to go to my doctor or even tell my mom because I'm scared and embaressed. I'm thinking about going to CVS pharmacy down the street from me and getting preparation H because I don't care about the clerk knwoing or anything. Now I found it yesterday after feeling a lot of pain in that area and me being curious I checked to see what it was and it was a pea sized bump and later last night it went away and then I woke up this morning and its back to its original size. I have aspecreme, bengay, vaseline, hydrogen peroxide, and neosporin right in my house so if any of those will do let me know. Please please please help my football season starts in about a week and I don't want this to be a further problem. I think I should also state that 3 days ago I had indian food for dinner and a coffee ice cream shake from carvel right after followed by diaherah(sorry I can't spell) so yea.