Hi, I am an 18 year old female with a painful lump between my anus and vagina, sort of right in between the legs a bit closer to the anus. i've only had it for 3 days.

the lump itself is pretty large in surface area, but it does not raise very high above the skin so isn't very noticeable in a mirror. i can more just feel it. the only symptoms i've had are just it hurts a lot to touch and it hurts in most sitting positions. i don't think it's a cyst because there is no pus and doesn't feel like there's anything inside it and the only symptom right now is just pain when I touch it or sit down. I'm not sure if I should do anything about it or if it will go away... not sure what it is..

thanks for any help

I have the same thing and I too am wondering what it is. Have you found out?

It is a nasty place indeed! I used to have those nasty ones on my groins, they would grow to be so big, a size of a ball and prevent me from walking for a 2-3 days. It could be an ingrown hair, of an inflamed sebaceous gland, or know knows what.

I would have it checked by a GP or dermatologist. That is the easiest and the quickest way to get rid of it.

They may prescribe antibiotics, I used to get an oral antibiotic and an ointment to apply and it would take a whole course of antibiotics to get rid of the lump.

These cysts are sometimes removed by draining and then taking antibiotics but your sounds way too solid for draining, I reckon you would only get a prescription drugs to clear it.

I had something like that, it was called a fistula? (dont trust my spelling) It would pop up then go away till it would not & I had to have surgery to remove it. Mary

My wife is pregnant with our first child and has recently noticed a small painfull lump in the space between her Vagina and Anus, I had a look at it and just passed it off as a Pregnant Womans Hemorrhoids :-)
She said that rubbing it in the shower subsided the pain and then almost a day later it was gone, Does anyone have any idea what this could be or could have caused this??

lumpy in louisville

hi, i have a lump that feels like there is fluid or something tender that is between my anus and vagina but it is on the side and it is like on the top of my leg. it is quite painful when i squeeze it. ive had something like this before and pus came out and it usually goes away. however this one... there is no pus coming out no matter how hard i squeeze. i just want to know what this is to see if i have to go to the doctor. i am 15 but not sexually active but i would like to get an opinion before i tell my parents incase this may just go away. i tried using a hot cloth but nothing really changed... i guess it could be a cyst? i also hurts if i sit down. if i see a doctor could i see my pediatrictian?

thank you so much for reading... please respond if you have any idea what this is... thank you!

I know that shaving between the vagina and anus can cause ingrown hair.

You may want to have this checked out by your GP. Also if you are shaving your pubic, vagina, and the area between your vagina and anus, make sure to use a no bump product to help prevent the ingrown hairs from coming.

I have been shaving my areas (I'm a man) and the folks at the beauty supply store turned me onto the no bump which really works!

Best of luck to you! 8-|

i am a thiteen year old female so obviously i have never had sexual intercourse. last week i noticed in the bath i had a lump between my vagina and anus the size of a jelly bean. i do not know if it is serious or not. recently i had a very small cist in my vagina and just went within a fortnight. i do not know however if this is worse..because it is growing by the day. please help :-(

i have a lump in between my anus and vagina about the size of the top half of my thumb. it really hurts and its quite hard. i am 16 and not sexually active. i shaved last week, and the lump appeared a couple of days ago .. i know i should go to gynecologist or a doctor.. or should i wait it out??

I just noticed that on myself as well. Its pretty painful to touch. I think what we all might have in common though is the shaving part. I shaved a few days ago in that area as well and I noticed the bump today.

Does anybody know more about this?!

I had a lump close to the area which is being described in many of these posts. It was there before, and since I'd shaved in this region before, I chalked it up to being an ingrown hair. I thought I'd let it run it's course and it would go away eventually, but it didn't. There was no pain.
About a week ago I went to the bathroom and wiped and noticed that it was somewhat sore, in the general area where I knew the "ingrown hair" to be. I decided to look at it using a mirror. The lump was hard, and nearly dime-sized, and was slightly darker in color than the surrounding skin. I washed the area around the bump and my hands and attempted to squeeze it (this hurt... badly, I found taking a deep breath before each squeeze helps). A small amount of what looked to be pus came out, but the bump bled for nearly 15 minutes afterward, a drip bleed, not a full stream or anything. I used gauze to cover it until I was confident the bleeding had stopped, and decided to let it sit for a day. The next day, the swelling was still there, just as big as before, so I decided to squeeze it again. I will warn you that the next part of this is kind of disgusting. I squeezed this bump, it brought tears to my eyes. I squeezed it again, heard an actual, audible "pop", the pus and blood that came out shot half way across the room and blood shot all over my hands. When the pus (quite literally) hit the wall, it bounced. It sounded as if I had squeezed a small ball from my body and the trajectory and force built up behind it literally cause it to bounce off the wall. This was the most painful part. Then, it began to bleed, and I could see the physical hole that the squeezing/release had caused. It bled for nearly 45 minutes, first a small gush, then trickling, then a drop would form every few minutes. Again, with the gauze covering it, overnight, this morning most of the swelling is gone, there is no pain, bleeding slightly (pink streaks) on toilet paper when I wipe. I'm keeping it clean and closely monitored for anything that could go wrong, as this is an area prone to infection even under the most scrupulous circumstances, dark, damp and moist is a breeding ground for infection. I'm using antibacterial soap specifically on the bump and surrounding area, as well as my hands before touching.

I just went to the doctor with the same symptoms as most of these replies and it ended up being an abscess. The doctor drained it by cutting a hole in the area and leaving it open to drain. Then i developed a fistula which is commonly associated with an abscess. So tomorrow i get to have another surgery to try and correct this.
If the area is hard and cannot break open on its own then you have to get it drained. It is very disgusting after they do this procedure because they leave it open and you drain and drain and drain for about a week. I let it go for too long because i thought it was an internal hemoroid. I would suggest to anyone GO TO YOUR DOCTOR because i didnt and it is causing me a lot of problems now. I would go to the doctor even if you can pop it on your own to get on antbiotics because it is not a very nice place to get an infection!!
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

I just got a bump there today, it wasn't there before, and it just recently appeared. I've been very sick with something and I've been using the bathroom a lot, as well as throwing up... And just out of no where this painful bump appeared between my vagina and anus. It quite large, extremely painful and uncomfortable, I can't sit down or lay down, and using the bathroom feels worse than vomiting. No, I'm not pregnant, nor am I sexually active and I do not shave down there. Can someone please help me.

I am 21 years old and I am in nursing school. I noticed a small bump on a friday night and saturday morning it hurt to walk, by Monday morning it hurt to walk as well as some sitting positions. I called my nursing instructor and she adviced me to go to the local ER. She has worked for a OB/GYN for many years so I trust her advice. I went to the ER and they had to surgically remove it. They gave me some pain medication and an oral antibiotic. They next day I felt a hundred times better but it did take a week and a half to fully heal. This is a painful spot to get anything abnormal. My bump was a type of Staph infection but it could be many other causes. I would suggest to anyone with this problem to try to deal with it on your own for two days and if it grows or becomes worse then seek medical attention.

I have the same thing, about the size of the pad of my thumb. I don't shave that area though. I actually thought it was a block hair too until i realized that nothing was coming out when i squeeze it. What should I do about this? I haven't had for long but i'm not sure if i should wait something this odd out.