Can anyone tell me what they think these symptoms are?

I get small, red bumps around my anus frequently after I have a bowel movement. At first I thought it was hemorrhoids, so I started using Prep-H. I also thought maybe I was wiping too much and heard you should use damp toilet paper, so I started doing that, but I STILL get the bumps. They go away after a couple of days, but then it starts all over again.

Then I read on the internet that it could be herpes, so I'm freaking out!!!

Has anyone ever had this or know what it is??

Thanks!

Haven’t you been to a doc to check these out?

I had warts both in my vagina and in anus but they never went away just like that.
I had to undergo 2 months-treatment to get rid of these.

How many of these bumps do usually appear? Does it look like a rash?

It could also be just a plain irritation.

Thank you for your reply, Lori. I went to my doctor, but of course, I didn't have any spots at the time of my appointment. I don't believe they are warts because they come and go within a couple of days. I usually get 1-3 spots at a time each week and they are red and slightly raised. Sometimes they itch and sometimes they are just irritated and hurt, especially after using the washroom and wiping.

I realize the only way to find out exactly what they are is by going back to the doctor. I think I'm scared to find out what it is though.

Any other thoughts of what it might be?

I totally forgot about the possibility of foliculitis. I sometimes develop the infection after shaving. There is usually bacteria in them but once I visited dermatologist I was bacteria free, which means they were caused by a dirty razor or something like that.

I didn’t even know the name of this until recently I read it online.
If caused by bacteria, foliculitis can spread from groins to other areas like thighs and anus. It could spread by wiping or just hands touching. Foliculitis is an inflammation of the hair follicles.

Sometimes the bumps go away on its own although doctors may prescribe antibiotics if found that it is caused by bacteria.

You shouldn’t be scared about seeing a doc, that is the smartest thing to do. You will know what they are and will surely know how to get rid of it.

i get the same kind of thing, but only after very spicy food, or a fair bit of alcohol!. I'f i start living healthy again they go away!?!?!

You might want to try wiping with a baby wipe-- you could be suffering from irritation due to toilet paper.

It could also be irritation from soap residue- or from shaving.

Or- a simple case of pruritus ani.

-- just keep the area clean and dry-- try corn starch-- or baby powder.

I was searching 'Red spots anal' in Google and this page came up. I searched this because I was going to the toilet last night and around my anal felt...odd. I had a quick look and I have horrible red spots. Never experienced before. Please, people, write back...I'm so scared.

i have the same sort of problem, i've had it for nearly a year, first they started in my viginaish area and then they went from there and seems like they spreaded to my anus, i really can't go to the doctor, ill be embarrest, i know they see it every day probably but im a 16 year old girl :/ its a tadd embarressing, it's always itchy, then its really sore and it's touched by moist tissue paper or something it really stings, it spreads easy i think, so im a bit cautious. im actually scared if im honest, any help please? xx

i have small bumps on my anus ive never had sex but im worried can it be irratation from poor hyigene idk what to do?!?!?!?!

i get the same thing but i get mine only after sweating alot we call it swamp ass its just an irritation but baby powder or monkey butt works realy well. and if i can pass a military medical exam its not herpies or hemroids but just keep an eye on it and keep it dry thats the best thing to do.

Guest wrote:

Lori wrote:

Any other thoughts of what it might be?

I am a female and it sounds like I am having the same problem you are. Around my booty hole, it is sore when I get those red bumps and I only get about 1-2 usually. They haven't really itched, but they are very irritating especially when I walk around. I am scared too! I want to go to the doc about it, but then I convince myself that when it goes away, that its okay. This is about the third time this has happened and they last a few days and then go away. I am not sure what to do or what it is. Can anyone help?

Hey!! Dont worry its Anal Fissure! ..... Read more on symptoms and treatments or helping tips... http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Anal_fissu

Hope this helps!! 

dont worry ive had this for 9 years, and only just had the guts to google my sympotoms and going to tell the doctors soon! This is most probably what you have! Mine is like little lumps just on the outter edges that hurt when i go to the loo and bleed most times

Praying for us! dont worrry  <3

spelt it wrong!... http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Anal_fissure

Hope this one helpss

Can anyone help me because when I go to the toilet for a sh*t.my bum hole hurts me and when I stand up too.i have got a big bumb on my bumb hole area so I don't know what to do about it.so I need hello with that 

well I have the same hun, but haven't had intercourse for as long as I remember. lumps are newish.