Hi

I have a about a marble sized bump under the skin just outside of my anus. It hurts to put pressure on it and I thought it might be a hemmhorrid but I wasnt sure. I do not have any blood in my stool and when looking at the skin, you cannot tell, expect maybe that theres a bump in that area. I feel as if the bump almost goes into the right side of my anus, but i'm not sure. I was looking at symptoms and I thought it might be a external hemmhorrid, but those seem to come through the skin, this seems under it. Thanks for any help, I'm quite nervous about it.

Hello, I was just searching for symptoms related to my problem and ran across your post. I was wondering if you ever received diagnoses on your small marble sized lump. Thanks in advance.

For christ sake do not try and pop it... That is the worst adivce someone could give you. If it is a Hemorrhoid you can damage the vein even more. Go see a doctor and have it diagnosed. If it is a zit then they will treat it.

To me it sounds possibly like a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid, meaning you have a hemorrhoid with a blood clot in the vein. The blood clot blocks part of the vein causing the vein and tissue surrounding to swell up causing feelings of pressure and aches. I would start using asprin asap to thin the blood out. If it is Thrombosed the clot will pass in roughly a week. There is a possibility that there could be more than one clot, or that when the clot passes, another one will form. Use asprin, take sith baths to help the pain and GO SEE A DOCTOR and get it diagnosed.

And once again... DO NOT TRY AND POP IT or you are askin for trouble.

I have that bump but also blood in my poop, and in my anus. I cant sit and i can barely walk.

It sounds to me like you have an abcess, and you need to go to the doctors, where they will either diagnose antibiotics or refer you to the hospital to have it drained surgically, i definitely would not squeeze it that's the worst thing you could do.

I just recently had one pop up this is day 3 it was painful at 1st but it's not now but the lump is still there it's also not as hard as it was...no blood in stool, just a lil painful when pressure is applied what shall I do? I agree this is quite scary :'( :'(

I have one as well. It's also on the right side and right by my anus as well. Its been day 3 and I think I'm gonna have to see a doctor. I know how you guys feel. It does hurt and DAMN I say. I hate this STUPID thing. If not see a doctor, will it go away? Anyone know? If it does, how long will it take as in how many days? Man this thing hurts!

I have one too its pea sized and bluish. I believe it is a parianal hymotobon, not sure on spelling, but if yours is like this, it is not dangerous, it is like a blood blister but under the skin, caused from rectal streching while going #2. it will go away shortly so there is no cause for alarm

i have one aswell i noticed a little pain the other day. I just figured it was a pimp. Mine is on the top on the anus. And its bigger than it was when i first noticed it. Its also gotten harder. It hurts but nothing painful. Its like a slight pain. I would get it checked But sadly no health insurance. My mother told me it sounds like a hermrroid. Its very embarrassing talking about it. But would like to hear some input on it. Also the size if it incresed from the day i noticed it. Its slightly larger than a marble. There is no blood in my stool.

I have a bump right on the outside of my anus kinda attached to the hole. I have no pain at all until I wipe. I'm thinking its a hemroid but I"ve had one durning my first pregnancy and that was horrible so I'm leaning that this maybe something else. No insurance but heck I already owe the hospital so not really an issue. If anyone can think of anything I'd greatly appreciate the advise! Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I had blood in poop and a lump just outside my anus...

I found this site

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

had some useful tips. And after following the exercises my bump was gone within a day and the pain is diminishing (its only been a couple of days since I started trying it out).

Hopefully that helps some of you, its worth a try.

I have the same thing as well. I noticed it shortly after I healed from my second pregnancy. I had pretty bad hemmorhoids after this delivery and I thought they went away but maybe thats what this is too? You can't see anything from the outside but when you press near the left side near the rectum you can feel a hard painful lump. I was worried it was cancer or something...Do we go to the ob/gyn for this? I never noticed this before delivery but after I can't help but notice everytime I shower and clean myself. Any advice for either of us?

Sounds like a small abbess that can be treated with antibiotics just make sure the dr does a culture to ensure that the antibiotic is effective against the type of bacteria involved. Some of these can be MRSA so not all antibiotics will work. Whatever you do, do not ignore it, do not scratch it and do not try to pop it unless you see that it comes to a white head then squeeze away. Be careful as these things can grow into a monster abcess. There is a lot of room down there for the puss to accumulate. If it gets too large then you are looking at some extremely painful surgery. Local anesthetic does nothing to dull the pain and the surgery entails making asterisk shape incisions in a very sensitive area. I will never forget that pain.

Thank you so much for your response...it did turn out to be a MONSTER abscess and I had it treated on november 15th. Like you, I will never forget that pain for as long as I live! It was excrutiating! And come to think that I went to my dr. twice before it abscessed only to be told that it was nothing to worry about and likely a cyst. Now it is more than two months later and I am still fighting to get this thing to heal right! I am dreading going back next month in a way because that is when I find out if a fistula has or has not formed, which would require even more surgery. After all the antibiotics I had to take to rid my system of the start of the blood infection and "day away from gangrene starting" (as the dr. said in the er) now my stomach is messed up so bad that I have to see a gastro to find out what's going on. For anyone that has gone through any of this before, I feel your pain! And for anyone who has noticed a lump or bump or just something that doesn't belong where it is, get a second opinion because this could have killed me had I let it go much further. I trusted the doctor and put my own doubt and instinct aside and kick myself every day now that I am going though what I am. Get your second opinion and don't leave until you're satisfied. I would not wish this pain on my worst enemy! Thank you for your reply!!

I have the same right now but Im familiar with it because I get it often, by often I mean, the last time I had it was about 6 or 7 months ago and had it a few times before that, mine hurts when I stand and get relief when I sit down, the first time I applied Prep H thinking it could've been a hemorroid but that hurt like a sonofagun, so it's not a hemorroid, I realize now I get it mostly when I eat spicy foods or other junk food, its on the edge of the anus but its from the stomach, it goes away after about 3 or 4 days of eating stomach refreshing food like boiled dandelion, spinach or chicory (or similar) w virgin olive oil, eat it n drink the juice too that'll do wonders for that kind of stomach/intestinal irritation, when I get it, thats all it is, an irritation, of course, there're chances yours could look n feel the same and be something completely different, I'd give it a few days if it keeps growing instead of healing then I;d become concerened but 99 out of 100 its just a passing sprout due to irritatioon..