Ok I haven't smoked in about 2 months. And the few weeks before I quit I smoked a descent amount. I wasnt a heavy user though, just every once in a while with my friends. But 2 months later I feel as if time is going by very fast, hard time remembering things, difficulty concentrating and I just don't feel right. Any one have any ideas what this could be? I just hope it will go away cause it sucks.

Hi there I can tell you that if you first start to quit smoking pot then you will have a pretty serious adjustment phase but it is NOT permanent because it's just your body getting back to normal after a serious change. I hope that you realize that so that you can at least stick with it and successfully quit like you clearly want to do! :-) In any case, please keep us posted on how you're doing and all that. What made you finally decide to quit?

ok thanks for the response. I mean I only smoked probably about 10 times and it was all within a few weeks.

I also believe that I will probably still smoke but I definately won't become a regular user. Do you think that if I smoke this withdrawl thing will go away?? Thanks

Well, it depends. It seems to me like you were a pretty heavy user for awhile so I don't know if things will be totally back to normal for you. I hope that they will but I cannot say for sure, but with a bit of use I'm sure that your symptoms will get at least a little better. I hope that you are doing well and that it works for you soon. Keep us posted on how you're doing, okay?

well no offense but i was never a heavy user. In my whole life i have probably smoked about 10 times at the most, its probably more about like 7 times, but it was all within a range of about a month. So im not really sure what to do from here. cause like i said this problem has been going on for about a month. Thanks

sorry i meant ot say that this problem has been going on for at least 2 months, probably pushing 3 now.

That is weird, I wouldent say that is enought time to experience withdrawl, and especially for the length of time. I am on 6 weeks and my symptoms are mainily anxeity and i have almost kicked that especially yesterday and today I have felt really good, but it does still linger slightly. I have quit before, this is my 3rd time. the first time I quit in october of 2006 and it took almost 4 month to feel right( that was after like6 years of everyday use.) the second was for a about 4 months agian ( after about a year of everyday use), that took me about 7 weeks to feel good, now im on 6 weeks after about 8 months of everyday use( and I feel pretty good this past week) it shows that the more knowledge you have the easier it is to deal with. I am off it for good now, and this time i mean it, I am a police cadet now and this is one of the main reasons why It has been tough this past 6 weeks , alot of stress with interviews and my life is changeing, and if anything will bring out the anxiety it will be this along with the stoping of pot. just hang in there and eat right and excerise.
I would like to hear for both health guy and you on this post.

I think that based on the fact that you smoked so much in a short period of time that you may have caused a depletion of serotonin in the brain. That's pretty common with drugs like this. It would be the same as if you popped several pills of ecstasy or something like that. Because you smoked so much in a short period of time (and yeah, it was enough to qualify as being heavy) that is why it takes awhile to get over it. If you did cocaine for just a week but you did it every day, you'd be addicted to it then too. It really only takes one use to become addicted, and although people continually think that marijuana isn't physically addictive, it actually can be! So I will tell you that it usually takes about 90 days after your last use to feel fully normal again, so be patient with yourself. You seem to be doing fine. Keep me posted on how you're doing, okay?

hey health fitness guy, I doing pretty good, actually really good, the main thing that is bothering me for the last 3 or 4 days id say is the fact that my arms and hands shake if I am holding them in different positions it feels almost like i have no control over my nerves, but then sometimes is seems like it could be just my heart beating that is causing the shakes, now they are no noticeable to anyone else but me, and there are very mild and acute. I personally think they are just my nerves that are a bit shaky from the mild anxiety that is still hanging on by a thread... what do you think this is .. day 46

Let me ask you a very odd question. DO you drink caffeine? If you do, then that can exacerbate anxiety and it would cause your nerves to be on edge and it can also keep you from kicking the remainder of the anxiety. Does that make sense? If you do, you might want to try kicking caffeine for the time being.

thanks for getting back, and i do drink coffee once a day never more then that.

I think cutting it out for a time might help you further recover. I know it might be a bit of a pain in the ass and the first week without caffeine feels really sluggish but I can tell you that it will help with anxiety SO much! And it stops the shakes too. Do you think you could swing that?

yea i could I only drink coffee like once a day, what about the intrusive thought i get, there there and there gone, is that part of anxiety?

p.s how do you know so much about this lol

jimmyp, the intrusive thoughts that you are getting are definitely related to anxiety. To be honest, the reason I know about this so much is that I had GAD a few years back (that's generalized anxiety disorder) and I had to go through exactly what you did except roughly 10 times worse and I didn't have any reason for it either. I hope that you're doing well though. How are things?