Am a month and two weeks dry now but am my hands still shakes while am at rest. I used to drink two bottles of beer every day for 3 months and smoked then tired of all this i suddenly went cold turkey. I had to go to the hospital 3 days later because of insomnia and when i slept i had vivid nightmares, i was confused also. I was put on drip with vit b complex and piriton. Felt better but still had my body shaking at times, my eyes still blur. Please does anyone know how long the shakings do last

Hi Kelvin! When you said "smoked" do you mean marijuana or something stronger? As the 2 bottles of beer a day would not be causing this for you!

I smoked cigarette n as for the marijuana i drank it with alcohol just once before quitting. Today the shaking seems to reduce a little. I just thank God and am no more goin to drink frequently if not at all

IF it was just 3 beers and mainly cigarettes and not too much marijuana! I truly believe that this isn't the reason for your shakes! In fact I am TOTALLY sure you are not having withdrawls! So what I would like you to do is get your blood sugars tested - this can be a sign of diabetes = especially brought on by drinking (sugars in the beer)! As an adict honey, even though the "shakes" is totally a sign of withdrawls your body needs a heck of a lot more in it for a longer period of time to have such strong reactions! So it HAS to be something else! Even though you have seen doctors, I want you to take them on a different track! Because obviously they are leaning towards - withdrawl symptoms - which this isn't! Hopefully they can help you get to the bottom of the shakes! also take note of when it is worse - after not eating for awhile etc. Good luck and health!

What do the doctors say about this?

I can't see how 2 bottles of beer a day for only three months would give you any shakes.

I drank 5 to 8 very generous shots of whiskey every night for 15 years. I quit cold turkey and I had no shakes at all.
During all the years of my bar attending I only knew one guy who had the shakes intil he got his first drink for the day. He stayed drunk all day, every day, and had been doing that for about 30 years when I met him.

I doubt that 2 bottles of beer a day for 50 years would cause it, unless they were gallon bottles.

There has to be some other reason.

Thanks guys, u ve been very helpful i will go to the doctor again.

Yeah it will be difficult for you on the first day of quitting...
but try to overcome this..
then it wont be a problem for you on the consecutive days.
Drug Rehab

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I always get the shakes but I am a very heavy drinker. you can either pop a valium to relax for a few days, or just slowly reduce, in order to stop my shakes i require at least 4-5 beers. that generally works and also stops the sweating. For insomnia, its best to take a few days off work or try and quit slowly over the weekend or long weekend. the hallucinations, can be quite intense, i usually see spiders or flashes in the corners of my eyes. during this time i tend to become somewhat agoraphobic and close all the blinds. for some unknown reason German beers gives me more shakes, maybe its because german beer is so pure and without chemicals. also make sure to take a lot of thiamine and multivitamin, and B complex. Milk thistle repairs the liver as well and also Lysine is good at protecting against cold sores or herpe outbreaks. Anti anxiety meditation music also works well. cheers! =)