I recently quit smoking marijuana after about 2 years use at about 4-5 times a day. I have felt a wierd sensation in my head that kind of takes me 'out of it' for about 20min at a time. Is this normal...although it is becoming less frequent i still notice it every once in awhile (seeing how its been less than a week since i quit smoking). I have been having trouble sleeping as well. I feel great when i wake up in the morning, but after several hours of activity, or sometimes after eating, i will feel this 'sensation' of 'incoherentness' here and there...

hey bro i feel it too. i smoked the equivelent to 50 joints a day wrapped up in these monster cannons a the end of my spell. it's been six weeks and it's getting better. but i also felt incoherent and dizzy. now i just have cloudy vision and no more panic attacks just keep with the soberness because youll thank yourself later. im 23 now and ive smoked for 6 years. we both know the real business now son. Keep on goin and youll be suprised at your healing. But if it takes more than 4 weeks than see your doctor okay? it's mostly (i think) the pressure in your eyes compressing again and getting used to it. treat your body right now and youll be laughin son

peace

Good for you. Totally normal symptoms that I experienced after I stopped smoking, too. It gets better after time, you're right. I detoxed from weed almost 4 years ago and have stayed away from it since. I know that people claim it isn't addictive, but I couldn't operate without it; MJ was my mental and emotional crutch.

So, congratulations. Let us know how you're doing...have you stayed away?

I stopped using marijuana about 3 weeks ago, and I am feeling the smarts coming back, and just feel better than I did before. I'm probably not going to stop using, but I will spread it out alot longer than before. I used to smoke about 4x a week, but now I think once a month is a better choice. I know what you guys mean, though, with the weird sensations, but I think that with time it will surely go away.

Good luck,
peace

yo i really dont smoke week i prolly smoked it like 10-20 times in my life im 18... this last time i smoked it was 1 blunt... with me and my friend.. and we didnt even smoke 1/3 of it... but i felt dizzy... slow... kinda numb... and i woke up the next day WAYYY betetr but still kinda weird... now today i woke up and feel even better but u no still kinda funky .. i still want to do my normal things and i feel ok.. but will this ever go away?

I think i'm experiencing something similar to you...

I'm a very occasional smoker, I smoke once every 3 months tops. I've also smoke larger quantities without experiencing unpleasant effects. However, I have had a few quite scary "bad trips" years back after smoking marijuana, so I might be someone sensitive to it.

Anyway.... two days ago I smoked maybe 1/5 of a joint and I got quite high, nothing scary though, I was just quite relaxed. Then after 4 hours, I felt like the effects had passed so I decided it was fine to start drinking, so I did... At the end of the night, I was plain drunk and went to bed and had no problem.

But the next morning, when I woke up, I felt like a part of my brain was numb, and I noticed that I had a lack of balance/coordination/dizyness. I didnt pay much attention to it at first, but then as the day went by, the effects stayed with me. Now I'm starting to get scared. The morning after when I woke up and I still have the exact same effects. It's been over 35 hours now and I've never heard of or experienced something similar, even 24 hours after the "bad trips" I've experienced in past. I can think quite clearly but the numbness in this part of my brain is quite irritating.

Anyone know if that's normal ?

Thanks in advance

it's been like a week since i smoked weed... i've been getting that feeling, but it's getting less. I feel so irritated i wish it would go away....you guys sure that this will go away right?

I know for a fact that the feeling does eventually go away, even though it doesn't feel like it's going to at any point. YOu're probably feeling some anxiety about it fading but you'll be fine. Does that help you?

I just quit smoking ganji about 7 days ago and i get these dizzy spells where i feel i cant catch my breath.but then again i was smoking poppers for about 5 years straight

I feel like im having a stroke or something. I quit smoking about 2 weeks ago, and about 3 days ago I totally lost it. I cant walk straight sometimes, im so dizzy, i have cloudy vision, and my heart races. The insomnia was so bad the first week i quit. I was taking sleeping pills to help. I really dont know if I am having a serious medical condition or what!

My experience: Ive been smoking daily for 2 yrs now . Sometimes, when I smoke too much or mix w any alcohol, I get very lightheaded. I hear my blood. It starts ringing in my ears.I get hot and feel burning from the inside. feel nauseous. My heart races. It's hard to catch my breath. I have to sit down. If I keep standing, I start seeing black or white dots until I faint. I have never fainted like this, but sit down. This happens rarely, but it happens enough to have me worried...
Anyone know what this is and what causes it?
I am 19 y old f

i've been smoking for about a year now maybe a few times a week sometimes more. im 22 and im doing a architecture degree in university, so my point is, im not stupid.

a week and a half ago, there was a terrible accident where we all got really high, and my friend started acting wierd and starting talking nonsense.

the next day he tried to take his own life because of a voice in his head. its been over a week now and he's almost definetly got acute schizophrenia and he still seems to be getting worse... now his family is trying to take care of him until he calms down and they can send him to a hospital.

the point is that time we smoked was a really traumatizing experience and ive been feeling extremely guilty and responsible for the way he is now because he's one of my best friends...

i think coupled with this anxiety and stressful experience and the bad trip i had, had effected my brain somehow.

ive tried not to worry too much, but even as a type i feel this pressure at the back of my head which isn't painful but very frustrating and scary....i can't concentrate and i feel really retarded and somehow feel stoned constantly and i havent smoked since, and at this rate i wont ever touch the stuff again...

When i exercise or can help my friend, i feel much better and it goes away for a bit it comes back straight away and its horrible.

im really scared because usually i am totally sober and functioning perfectly after a day or two. but this is the first time i've felt like this and it's seriously freaking me out. im trying to keep busy and i dont know if its the stress and anxiety or the after effects of the weed or something that happened to me during that terrible trip.

if anyone can give me any guidance or some light to this whole messed up situation im in i would appreciate it.

the only time i smoke is when im not high Ive basically been high since 5 years ago when i discovered weed. i get a dizzy disconnected feeling when i smoke now :-( and i definitely feel stupider no doubt about that (brain cloud stupid not brain damage stupid).

One hit is all you need :-D

same here.....dizziness and cloudyness. its 22 days since i smoke the weed.........can anyone tell me how much more time will it take...............will it go away?

Same here too! I quit completely about a week and a half ago(I took 1 small rip), and I was clean before that for about 5 days. I get anxious and nervous when I think about all the c**p I did while I was high. I smoked daily, wake n bake, at lunch time, after work, before dinner, after dinner, before sleep. This went on for about a year, and before that I did it daily, just smoked less. This is the longest I've gone without THC in my system since about 2-3 years ago. I get the shakes a little bit, small headaches, loss of appetite, overall weakness/lack of energy. I keep looking around and it feels like I'm in a dream or that things feel dreamlike, I try to rub my eyes and shake my head out of the cloudiness and dizziness that seem to hit for periods at a time, but it doesn't work. My heart beats fast when I think too much. I keep trying to tell myself that these are just symptoms and that they'll go away, but they haven't yet. I go to sleep around 10:30pm and end up waking up at 2am-4am, and my shirt is soaking wet, along with my pillow and sheets I was sleeping on top of. The dreams have been verrry strange too. They seem to start off cool and fun, then turn to scary, like someone's chasing me and whoever I'm with, trying to kill us. I believe very much In God and His Son Jesus Christ, and that he died for my sins. So I pray all the time. Seems to help me a lot. Same with reading a Daily Guidepost devotional book. I also have a broken tooth which seems to be infected, which is just causing more stress. The day I started getting sick was the day I took a bite of a pot brownie. It must have been SUUPER potent because it took everything out of me to where I was couch-locked. Then I caught the flu later that night. Was bedridden for 4 days with absolutely no energy. Drank lots of green tea, ate jello and chicken broth for a week and a half until it went away. Went to work for 3 days afer I thought I was over the flu(just had a sore throat and cough). Bad decision I guess because then I caught a cold, and have been battling that for about 6 days now. Sore throat is gone, cough is barely there(although I wake up at night and hack my guys out for 5 seconds). Been taking Robitussin cough and chest congestion, acetaminifin, comtrex cold and cough, and putting my head over a steaming pot of water. Now I'm just nasaly congested with the same little-noticed cough, but I'm still dizzy and now my tooth is hurting more. Took amoxicillin 500mg capsule to try to help fight it(apparently takes up to 7 days to fight the infection off). My head feels like it's up in the clouds and my eyes are tired. Does this sound like withdrawals(minus the tooth infection)? I just keep praying, maybe some of you can pray for me too. Thanks if you do in advance. -Chad