I have been a heavy user of cannabis for over 18 years, what I am about to say is my journey in giving up the dreaded weed, it is only my version of events in the battle of giving up.

Day 1: Deleted grass contacts from my mobile, Smoked full packet of cigs and consumed 2 litres of cider, craved a joint before bed.

Day 2: Woke up feeling tired, dehydrated, bad mood feelings, smoked three cigs with coffee, begun to wish I hadn't deleted my hash contacts.

Day 3: Very bad dreams, sweating, searched house for any crumbs of hash, got angry at anything and everything, consumed bottle of red wine.

Day 4: Bad dreams again, sweating, running nose, loss of appetite, muscle cramps, feel like I just want to sleep all the time.

Day 5: Strange dreams, sweating, coughing up mucus, sneezing, realised that Im in serious detox mode and have to keep it up and get healthy.

Day 6: First decent sleep, sweating reduced, not sure wether I have a cold or it is the poisonous toxins escaping my body, contenplating stopping smoking cigs now.

Day 7: Vivid but harmless dreams, no sweating, chesty cough, had breakfast for the first time in years, felt very normal.

Day 8: Sweats have returned, got angry at people on tv (lol), made a proper healthy meal but only ate a small part of it, feeling better.

I could go on but I guess what Im trying to say is that everyone will handle withdrawl in many ways, for a short time I replaced cannabis with alcohol which was a very big mistake indeed.
At 38 years of age now Im over the worst addiction of my life, I even managed to quit smoking cigs as they were doing nothing for me. I still crave the grass from time to time but have promised myself not to even take one puff for fear of starting again, god I hated the sweats!
Many thanks to everyone who posted valuable information in this site, you have been a great support to me, one last thing to people trying to give up, keep strong, focused and you will notice the benifits quickly, the first 3-5 days are brutal but well worth it in the end.

Thanks for reading my post and good luck.

Hi! I'm glad that you had recovered from using cannabis. What I want to say to those who are still using this is, it's time also for you to stop and live a life peacefully and clean living.
__________________________
pearl

I am going through all this side effects im even trying the stopping smoking cigs i have been trying to find the weed in the cigs ! I am on week three and so is my boyfriend which is making it so hard as we are constantly argueing..... and we both feel so unhappy. I know if i keep going i will feel alot happier eventialy. As i have quit before i managed for 6 months but started again........ i think it was because all my family and friends were smoking around me and 1 xmas i thought ill just have one and within a week i was back at it just as bad as before. I smoked at least 4 spliffs a day for over 10 years and my boyfrind smoked for double the time. I think its so hard bacause i really love smoking weed. I know i am a better person without it and last time i stopped i felt happier and my personality came back and my confidence!! i just hope we start feeling better soon because 2 people coming off weed in the same house is awful!!

It's people like you who give cannabis a bad name. To smoke so often that you become physically addicted to it is disgusting. And replacing marijuana with tobacco? Even worse. I don't understand why people find it so hard to enjoy the benefits of occasional marijuana use in a safe and controlled manner. Don't blame the substance. Blame yourself.

The last poster is clearly an id**t and proberly 16 years old.

Congratulations to the people who have made an effort and suceeded.

Im on week 2 and still have the sweats and strange dreams, but it will be worth it in the end.

i have smoked weed for 15 years off and on and quit several times. It was easy every time I just kept myself busy. I quit for various reasons and have came to the conclusion that I love it and because I have gone longer then a year on my periods without weed I feel that weed is not addictive it is all in your head. I don't smoke cigs or drink coffee and I am active so I think the issue is not with the weed but instead with the weak will of people.

i've been smoking weed heavily for nearly 20 years, i'm on day 2 now, saturday night, i'm craving something fierce, don't usually smoke ciggies but have had a few lately. i don't actually mind the cold sweats, it's the boredom that gets me, like i can watch these shitty tv shows while i'm stoned, but when i'm straight they are so f*****g sh*t. i know you have to be ready to quit and i'm not sure if i'm ready yet, but we'll wait and see.