Hello guys! I need some help. You see, my dog is this very cute and therefore very spoiled creature. He wants everything to be just the way he wants it. And somehow he manages to succeed in that. Anyway, a few days ago I stopped preparing food for him at home simply because I have no time to do that anymore. My sister got a baby and I am often there helping her, I spend only 5-6 hours at my home daily. And the thing is, my dog now refuses to eat this canned food I bought for him. Some help please? Can you suggest some cheap, high protein dog food brand?

Hey there. There are a lot of cheap high protein dog food brands on the market, but lately I give Canidae dry food to my dog. It is made from lamb, salmon, duck and bison. It is really good, because I prefer natural ingredients for my pet, it is highly important. This is why I give this to my dog. When I sum everything, my experience when I give this good to him, I can say that this is very good and I would recommend this for everyone.

When you are choosing food for you dog, you should consider probiotics, antioxidants and healthy omega oils for health and nutrition. 

This is an amazing choice, Dog Whisperer. I am using this food for my dog as well. My other choice is taste of the wild. As far as I know that this food is a number one choice in many pet houses. So, this food is absolutely grain – free. This food contain probiotics, which are good for your dog’s skin and coat. Also, in this food you can find a lot of vegetables. It is good, and it is pretty cheap for me, because for 15 pound bag you need to pay about 20 dollars. There are so much brands on the market, sometimes it is really hard to choose. 

Hello, guys.

For me, the best price/quality ratio is having EVO Turkey and Chicken Meal Formula. I feed my corgi with it for about six months or so. I order it online and it costs $48,99 for a 28.6 lb bag.

It is grain-free, low-carb, high protein food fortified with minerals and amino acids.  Corgi’s skin is so shinny and he doesn’t have any health issues, so I think I found the right diet for my little friend.

My advice is to try it out and if your dog accepts it, feed him for a while with EVO and see what will happen. 

Hey. My neighbor Kyle is buying Orijen dog food. You need to pay 46 dollars for it. Primary protein source is from chicken, primary carbo source is from potatoes, and it has a lot of benefits, such as skin and coat health, it promotes strong immune system, superior digestibility, etc. She told me that she is feeding her dog for 5 years now with this food, and that she can’t complain, because her dog is not sick at all.

So, you should consider this one as well.

I know that I will :)

My personal opinion is that there are very few cheap high protein foods for dogs. In order for the food to be of a good quality, it needs to be high in proteins ( for active dogs).

And quality high protein foods are a bit more expensive.

If you ask me, it is better to pay a little more for the food and be sure that what you are giving to your dog is quality food than to be over sensitive to the price and end up with some cheap poor quality food.Cheaper foods are mostly made out of bones. The bones do not consist proteins. 

Yes, there are really tons of dog food brands and it is very hard to choose wisely. Some people go with the most expensive brands but I am not sure that “more money-more quality” logic is 100 % true.

You should read the list of ingredients on every brand you are considering to buy. That way you will find out is it that food you are giving to your dog from natural ingredients or from artificial sources.

Right now I don’t have a dog but from my earlier experience I can suggest you two brands that I was buying for my Ringo. His favorite was Fromm Family Gold Salmon and Chicken Pate but he also loved Newman's Own Organics Beef & Liver.

I just want to tell something to all dog owners: The most expensive products with fancy labels on them and those with super expensive TV commercials where dogs are speaking like humans ARE NOT always the best choice for your dogs. Some of them believe it or not, are using corn or some other cheap vegetable as their main ingredient. Sure, your dog’s belly will be full but not with useful nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.

Now when I made my point, I will suggest some brands that are really high in proteins, minerals and vitamins.

First of them is Diamond natural dog foods. It contains beef, lamb and chicken and it is very high in proteins.

Another great product is Science diet. I recommend it to all dog owners.