Hello, Recently my dad had been in a auto accident and unfortunately cracked four ribs. He plans to fly very soon. Are there any restrictions in flight travel. Should his Doc be aware of this and could flight cause further harm.
Thanks, Concerned Son

Your dad will be asked by the flight attendant to fasten his seat belt upon the plane's departure and landing. Depending on where the cracked ribs are, the seat belt can cause pain and discomfort. Perhaps he can ask the flight attendant for a small cushion to be placed between the seat belt and his cracked ribs. You can also call his doc and ask for his/her advice.

Hello Mr.T,

I completely agree with the hoseclamps. First of all it is very good idea to check with his doctor if it is safe for your father to fly at all and of course it is very important to see which class he is going to take and if it is economic than who is going to sit next to him.

In most of the cases people are very rude in the airplane and they don’t pay attention to your private space and the place that you need and especially if they are overweight. So if there is no urgent necessity I would wait before your father recovers from the accident and then I would continue with usual life obligations.  

I wouldn't trust either one of these replies since your ribs are no where near the seatbelt.

Rib fracture without pneumothorax is not a contraindication to air travel.
Umesh