Hi everyone.

Do you like Mary Winsor Pilates?

I love it. I must admit that a while ago, I was kind of annoying since I talked about pilates with other people all the time. My friends were tired of listening to me so they decided to get me a dvd set for my birthday. You can imagine how happy I was. :)

Anyways, today I’m starting with my exercises. Have anybody here tried Mary Winsor Pilates? I bet there are lots of people here who have, since it is very popular. So I’ve been meaning to ask you about the exercises you love the most, which are your favorite ones?

I love pilates, I love how it makes me look, I love how it makes me feel, but somehow I never got the time to actually be active longer than a couple of days. I’ve never tried Mary Winsor Pilates, but I’m sure it is great. Many of my friends still exercise with Mary and I believe she’s amazing. I often drink coffee before work with my colleague at her house while the girl she is living with is doing her pilates. From what I’ve seen, my favorite exercises would definitely be bun and thigh sculpting exercises. They include leg lifts and heel taps. Have you tried them?

Yes I’ve tried them. I love them!
That is maybe my favorite of all Pilates workouts I ever watched.:)

I wasn’t active for a long period of time, so I am totally out of shape. And now these exercises hurt really bad. :( But I believe it is worth it.

I have a peer shaped body so I really hope these exercise will make my butt look smaller and rounder.

Are there any other exercises that you watched or tried doing? I love talking about the pilates exercises but my girls aren't really interested. :) My best friend is all like ‘’I bought you the stupid dvd, leave me alone’’. :D

Hahahaha :)) I'm familiar with that situation, just in my case, I'm the one avoiding any conversation that includes pilates from the moment I stop exercising. I love pilates though, I even plan to be a pilates instructor some day.

I tried Mary Winsor Pilates like two years ago. I actually loved it, I don't really remember what made me stop. I was in high school back then so maybe it was the lack of free time. If I remember well, Mary had these exercises when she puts her legs in a fetal position and then she does leg lifts. Then she puts her knee downward and does another series of leg lifts. And then she starts with a clam exercise. Those were my favorites.

You should start again!

I love those exercises too. They are very good for pear shaped girls. They can shape your legs very nice and they don't require much effort or time.

Have you watched her with the small hand weights? I loved doing those exercises. They are something like dance-inspired, I feel full of energy after doing them. And I like that it is not a traditional pilates, sitting on a floor, it reminds me of a simple aerobic exercises.

And can you not love Mary? I just love her personality, she is not unpleasant like the other instructors I watched.

Hi

I love Mary Winsor Pilates and I bought every single one of her dvds. I watched and enjoyed every one of them. And when I first saw this dvd that you are mentioning (where she has these mini hand weights) my hopes for it were really high. It turns out, it was nothing I expected. On the cover picture she is sitting and holding these weights so I figured she will be doing exercises on the floor. I was wrong. She was on her feet the whole time. And you are right, it wasn't even pilates, it was more like aerobic exercises. These are maybe her exercises I like the least.