What are best pilates mat abdominal exercises? I started with pilates 3 months ago, and even though I feel a lot of improvement, still my abdominal muscles didn't move from the start, it seems. I don’t think I'm doing anything wrong, but it's simply not working well enough. Or does the problem lie within me?

I don't think we can say what the best abdominal exercises are. Every abdominal exercise could be the best one if you're working properly. If not, you'll have problems in building that part of the body. Basically, there are abdominal exercises in which we move our torso, and those in which we move our legs. First are dedicated to upper abdominals, while second are more for lower regions. Anyway, just try a bit harder and you'll see the results.

Hi auberon,

If you don’t see any improvements you should either change the way you exercise or exchange the Pilates for gym.

First of all, I have one question, do you practice Pilates on your own or you have personal trainer?

If you are under supervision of the personal trainer than you should inform him about your problem and ask him to focus a little bit more on abdominal part. If you are exercising on your own I presume that is the problem. Sometimes it is very hard for common people to make a good combination of exercises and all the videos that we are watching simply aren’t good enough.

You can always add to the Pilates regular pushups because these will give results for sure.