What do you think about Pilates in pregnancy? I am 3 months pregnant and I plan as soon as I am done with my first trimester to start doing some exercise and since I am interested in Pilates I need to know some info or to get some advice about Pilates in pregnancy-is it safe and could I be able doing Pilates with my stomach growing.

It is not just that Pilates is safe in pregnancy but it is also useful in strengthening your tummy muscles as well as the pelvic floor muscles-these are the muscles most stressed
in pregnancy and if you ask me Pilates is the greatest exercise choice in pregnancy. I had a labor 4 months ago and during whole my pregnancy I was working Pilates though of course those were Pilates exercises especially made for pregnancy. And it is not only about strengthening tummy muscles for Pilates teaches you how to breathe properly and it just helped me during my labor and most of all Pilates is about doing exercises by moving the muscles that are most affected in pregnancy. So my advice is you should first go check it out with your gin if you could be doing any exercise at all-just to make sure- and if so you may day some Pilates relaxation and stretching exercise during whole the pregnancy. I was using a dvd called prenatal Pilates exercises and I am regular now with postnatal Pilates program-it is great try it and you won't regret it!