Hello. I'm 22 year old female and I'm interested to find out some stuff about Pilates exercises.
You see, I have one delicate problem with my body shape. I'm not overweight and I have never been.
I have problems with my muscles which aren’t like I wanted them to be. They don’t have appropriate tonus and I would like to straighten them a bit. A friend recommended me some yoga practice but it didn’t help me at all. So, I have ready recently some good stuff about these Pilates exercises and method of lifting of small weights many times.
Does anybody know more about this?
Please, feel free to write about it!

Hello. I found my self in the same situation few months back and that’s why I also started with practicing Pilates exercises. You were right, they are not meant to be used for losing weight.I'm practicing them for over then six months now and the results are amazing. I must tell you else that after my first Pilates session, I was sore all over for the first two days. Pilates is about learning specific control and engagement of your muscles, how to hold yourself properly and safely execute an exercise.
Some of the benefits of Pilates are longer, leaner muscles, improved coordination, increased flexibility, improved posture, and increased strength. Yes, the small weights are also included to get the best possible effect. So, I recommend you to find your self some good Pilates instructor and to start with it.