Can someone tell me what Pilates is precisely? I am thinking of losing some weight lately and since I was never active in any kind of sport and I was never doing any exercise I think now it is about time to start with something and somehow Pilates is most attracted to me and therefore I would like to hear what Pilates is about actually?

Pilates is the best way to get your body shaped and your muscles toned-if you ask me Pilates is the best exercising choice ever. I work Pilates for years and I never thought my body could be working this way –I managed to gain the total control of my body movements due to the Pilates and it is not just about strengthening the muscles avoiding at the same time their bulky shape-up, instead you are strong but also your body is longer and linear and your muscles toned for the Pilates is actually about working on your muscles from the inside out and not the opposite way which is the case in any other aerobic or fitness training. And plus Pilates combines with physical exercises also breathing and relaxation tips and so you also benefit mentally and emotionally.