Hi, I have been practicing aerobic for years, but now I am thinking about trying Winsor Pilates. Which one is better for overweight persons?

Hi, I started to practice Pilates with 64 years and I wasn't expecting to lose weight but I lost 5 pounds. My stomach and my waist are gone down and I feel younger. At Pilates you will be taught to activate your "powerhouse," or core muscle groups - abdomen, lower back, hips and buttocks. So, you will shape your body. Crucial thing is dynamic sequencing, an easy-to-follow combination of exercises. This specific order and rhythm of exercises produce a low-intensity calorie-burning workout. The order and proper activation of certain muscles is very important.

Hi Romberg,

As Nataline has already informed you for overweight person maybe Pilates is better solution but you must be aware of the fact that not only exercising is going to get rid of you all excessive weight.

First of all, you need to adjust your nutrition because there is no use of exercising and then overeating yourself.  I don’t say that you should go on a diet but instead just exchange your bad habits with healthier ones and this together with exercising should be enough to lose excessive weight in a few months. I know that everybody expect results in a matter of days but be realistic. The more you have to lose the longer is going to take. I hope that Pilates is going to be good solution in your case.