One of the 100+ cardiologist that I have seen thinks I may benefit from some Cardiac Rehab. Anyone knows what's involved in this.

His opinion is that I should be doing some cardio workout (I already ride the bike x3 a week) but should not stop all together.

:shrug:

Sounds like exercise to me.

sounds like exercise to me!

I think the idea for me is not to have a major cardiac event. The goal for me is to get back into some sort of fitness program, sans looking at the HRM every 10 seconds.

I have my initial meeting Friday afternoon, and I will be going MWF 730-830 for a couple of weeks. This should be interesting.

Only a couple weeks? Mine was in 13 week segments. The first time I met with the head nurse she hit me with "how's your sex life?" for the first question. I really enjoyed the sessions and they gave me a lot of confidence along with knowing what I was able to do.

i've always had the impression that cardiac rehab was for unfitness people who have suffered a heart attack. It kinda monitors them and puts them into an exercise program well within their physical limits given their recent heart incident. you will be a rare rehab patient cappy, so be prepared. most will be much older than you, with much bigger bellies! i think it's some patients' first go at any type of fitness program whatsoever; another reason you will be "running the show" at rehab! it's still a very good idea tho cuz you can set your own new limits with HOPEFULLY some medical input regarding your conditiion. good luck!!

I start tomorrow, 3x (MWF) a week 730-830. The program is definitely set up for someone who is in no shape at all. Although the treadmill is still giving me trouble. I think this may be benefical to me and hopefully the doctors.

Our's was customized to fit you. They started off checking to see what you can do and while monitoring you they increase the exercises.