What can I do to reduce or stop the knee pain in my left knee and also the cracking in both of my knees?

There is a large number of causes for knee pain and usually finding out what exactly is causing the pain is the most efficient way to treat it. Can you link the pain to any injury, recent or not? If you're very active, or spend hours walking or standing daily, that might have caused some damage to the tendons and knees. Also, depending on your age and overall health, there could be some chance that conditions like arthritis or osteoporosis are responsible. Simply because there's no way to know what is causing the pain from the info you gave, all I can recommend you is to try seeing a doctor. I don't know if you tried taking any over-the-counter painkiller, but some of them might help with the pain at least a bit.

Wish you all the best,

Nicole