Hello! I have been suffering from arthritis for some time now. My left knee and fingers are especially painful and always creates great problems for me. I take anti-inflammatory medicines regularly that help me to reduce the inflammation and pain. My friend told me that sauna may be helpful. I have never tried it so far. Can sauna help with the arthritis pain?

Hello! I have also never tried it myself but I know that the heat of the sauna helps the body fight chronic infections and relaxes tendons and ligaments. I have also heard that infrared light is a nutrient that is also healing for joints. Saunas can powerfully activate the organs of elimination which help carry away toxins and don’t allow them to accumulate in body tissues such as the joints. An electric light sauna can be built inexpensively at home.

Hello there dannye,

My aunt is also suffering from the arthritis and she is trying to stay very active because she believes that on this way she will reduce the symptoms of really severe form of arthritis. Basically she is going for the swim at least three times a week and after this she is using sauna or steam bathroom.

She claims that this is very helpful and that she is feeling relive in her joints after this treatment. Also she says that this is great for her mind as well because sometimes arthritis can make her cry.

So I would say that you don’t have nothing to lose if you try sauna or steam bathroom. Good luck and take care.

Hi Neron, ur post about ur auntie trying to cure her arthritis by going swimming n using sauna have give me a huge relief. I m suffering from the arthritis n have tried so many things without much success. U don't know how much I appreciated ur informations.PLEASE post more helpful tips in the future...