I have to admit that sometimes I tend to exaggerate with my healthy living. It all started two years ago when I managed to lose all of my extra weight thanks to diets and exercises and ever since healthy eating and living is all I think about. I would like to know what cheeses contain high level of sodium.

Well, if you are really into healthy living, then the right choice of cheese is very important. I think that cheddar cheese should have the least sodium in it, about 176 mg per oz. Although, it is questionable whether you need cheese in your diet at all. There are some other dairy products that have less sodium and same minerals and vitamins as cheese.

Hmm, I think that cheese with the lowest level of sodium is mozzarella, whole milk, with 106 mg. But, I assume that this differs from one manufacturer to another; there is no way they make all cheeses with the exact sodium amount. The only way to be sure there is small amount of sodium in your cheese is not eat that cheese at all.

But that depends on what do you mean by healthy living. Cheese and dairy products have been included in human food for a very long time, and I can freely say that our organism have gotten used to it (also, first food baby eats is mother's milk). So, I think that in small amounts, all food that has been present for thousands of years is healthy.