Male, 58 years old.
Started 2 days ago, a burning pain above right elbow. It last little more than 5 seconds and occurs once every 2 to 4 hours. It is as if a switch is igniting a thin hot wire located just an inch above the right elbow on the outside or back of the arm. This "burning wire" goes up about 3 inches along the upper arm. The arm is not sore. The elbow is fine, I did not hit my arm against any object. There is no pain if I stretch my wrist or position my arm in anyway. Is this a cardio symptom? I used a double dose of 220mg Aleve, prior to a night's sleep (I sleep like a baby, much to the chagrin of my wife) thinking to relieve any inflammation. Well, it did not work. Twice woke up suddenly with the wild hot wire pain. Tried 243mg of aspirin during the day, no good. Tonight I am trying a single dose of Tylenol 500mg, we'll see how it goes.
Appreciate all you can advise. Please help.

***EMAILS NOT ALLOWED***

I have the same sort of thing, except in the left arm. Pain comes and goes, it's strong enough to make me wince and say owwww. It hasn't wakened me in the night yet. In fact, I find it strange that I experience the pain many times per day, but never during the night. I'll be happy to find out what it might be.

I've had the same thing for about 6 weeks now except that mine is now accompanied by pain whenever I try to lift anything remotely heavy at all, which can even include laundry detergent. It's hot to the touch but it's not red. I have the almost stabbing-like pain that doesn't last long also. It seems like mine is also like an aching pain in my shoulder. For a couple of days it didn't really bother me at all and it seems to come and go in its intensity. I'm calling the doctor's office today because this has gone on long enough. From everything I have read, I expect him to diagnose tennis elbow.

I have this all the time. Doctor told me I have a trapped nerve in my neck and it causes these burning wire pains.