I am 21 years old and have had this pain around my chest and back on and off for almost a year now. I have trouble with constipation and have a tortuous colon, but I do not have an ulcer. The pain seems to radiate from the inside out and feels as though my muscles and skin are burning. When I lean back in a chair with my back during the episodes, it feels as though a hot iron is sitting on my skin. If I rub my stomach from the belly button up, it feels as though I am rubbing it with hot sand paper. If I stretch I get this feeling of the skin being stretched to the limit and it stings. I have seen many doctors, but none know what is going on. I have been tested for multiple scherosis and have had nerve conduction tests on my arms. I also occasionally get the burning pain down both arms, but not as often. I feel as though sure this is nerve related as I also get sensations of wetness and cold. I am 20 weeks pregnant and am getting more worried that the problem will never go away on its own. Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks.

If doctors aren't working out, go see a homeopath. I've had great success in finding the cause of my symptoms and getting treated through natural methods that make me feel a lot better. Highly, highly recommended.

Also, you might want to try doing a colon cleanse after giving birth and regaining strength after birth. However, don't do this, of course, if your homeopath instructs you not to.

I have just started experiencing all your symptoms..
I too have had nerve conduction tests, been given tegretol for the burning sensations, seems to dull them some times it is searing pain, other times it is like gravel rash all over my back and chect. Started in my left arm and migrated up to my upper arms, only in the back of them, then into my right upper arm, then in a band around my chest and back.
More recently, muscle spasms in my neck, severely painful.
I have been tested for Transverse Myelitis, negative for me, but maybe not for you?
Haven't had the tests for MS yet, but I can tell they are just around the corner, since we have no other answers.
Has there been any explanation for you??
I know it drives you mad.
I dont know if you still check this post since there was nearly no response, but please get back to me if you have any answers.
xx
L

Transverse myelitis - neurological disorder caused by inflammatory process of spinal cord; can cause axonal demyelination.
A demyelinating disease is any disease of the nervous system in which the myelin sheath of neurons is damaged.[1] This impairs the conduction of signals in the affected nerves, causing impairment in sensation, movement, cognition, or other functions depending on which nerves are involved.
genetics, infectious agents, autoimmune reactions, and some by unknown factors. Organophosphates, a class of chemicals which are the active ingredients in commercial insecticides such as sheep dip, weed-killers, and flea treatment preparations for pets, etc., will also demyelinate nerves.
Neuroleptics can cause demyelination

Hi I have exactly what you are saying, I had a total hysterectomy 10 weeks ago and everything has been fine except for yesterday I had burning in my chest and back and like you say when you lean back it feels like my back is on fire and a kind of wetness feeling and sometime like something is wet and dripping. I dont know about you but i also had flushing redness going up my neck and face bright red and severe itching and every time i eat or drink this burning is getting worse. I took an antihistamine and the itching has gone and now the burning is not as bad as yesterday but is still enough to make me distressed. I have got an appointment with my dr but not until next monday. Before i went into hospital i had burning but nothing like this i just feel like the top half of my body is on fire just dont know what to do. Does anyone else know what this could be? also i do have a racing heart and am on beta blockers for this but does'nt seem to make any difference at the moment.