I generally just get some snacks and goodies and leave unless I am pretty sure I am getting some hardware.
Otherwise it is quick refueling, cool down run then go home. I am not much for sticking around after races. Even if there are a lot of activities.

I enjoy hanging out with some friends, usually we will head out from the race and hit a spot where we can grab some food and a beer or two, Of course we must limit ourselves to places that do not mind our sweaty selves.

Since I'm always sure there will be no hardware for me...I grab a drink and head to the house.

Hardware what's that? I usually cool down realy quick so I pick up a drink and head to the car to change and head out for a bite to eat.

Grab the free stuff and split (Hardware for my age group in NYC? Ha!). I am usually scheduled for some family stuff afterwards.

It is tough because sometimes I bump into members of my track club and they want to go out for coffee. I always decline in fear of the rath of Buffy!

I wander around aimlessly until I feel human again. Then, usually another runner yells: hey! you still have your chip! (honestly I forget about it every chip timed race I've run...accept the one where the volunteers scared the bejeezes out of me by grabbing my foot at the end of the race and taking it upon themselves to remove it...which was very nice now that I think about it...accept the first starteling moment when my foot was grabbed and I was still in, i just may heave phase). I then have to go back to the finish line and turn in my chip. Grab a snack and drink...and sneak some for my daughter too if she's at the race. Obsess about my time, wondering if I could have run faster. Never have stayed for the awards. On the way home, I usually go through the drivethru for McDonald's breakfast!!!

:),

Shelly

I hang around at least thru the awards for my age group. Even if I don't get any hardware I want to know where I've got to get if I'm going to reach that level. Plus I snarf all the free food and drink I can....

Ill hang around for abit to grab some free food and drinks then go home. I usually don't stay for the awards and camaderie.

Usually I hang around drinking and cooling off. If the race is a beer race I will stay even longer and chat with the guys that I run with at work. This fall it will probably have to be race and dash since I signed Jason up for Soccer.

Usually cool down, and get free stuff.

Depends on the race, if I feel lousy, I just want to go home, but most of the time I stay long enough to pick up some free food and drink! :D

Stay around and see if I got any hardware. I exclusively enter races put on the by AARP (that's American Association of Retired Persons for you Canadians) so I'm pretty much guaranteed a spot in my age group. :P Mostly I just stand around by myself because most other runners are intimidated by my fashion sense.

I find all the punks that passed me and beat the livin snot out of them. Then I eat a banana and go home.

You mean that literally?? That's quite alot of people to beat up

we always wait till results are posted while eating the snack/drinking the drink. sometimes, i'm lucky enough to hang till they hand them out; other times we just bolt. i kinda like the "after race" glow though. even if i didn't run what i wanted, i like hangin' with the real runners. i try to blend and eavesdrop on their running conversations.