What do you think?

I am thinking about seeing one about some minor back/neck pain that is nagging and becoming a little annoying. I was just wondering if others have used their services.

Like any healthcare provider, I'm sure it goes person to person (some are great, some less so) but I had a great experience with one. First person (after several MDs) to pick up on the cause of a running injury. I say go for it, particularly if you have one that comes recommended.

i'm seeing one now for back adjustments. again, it depends on the individual you hook up with, but i really like mine and i know it makes a difference in my overall posture.

i've seen one previously and he. wasn't. so. cool. :umno: he kept trying to get me to attend these meetings he'd have after hours....um, no thanks. so i've had a positive and not so positive experience.

i think the adjustments, if done by a qualified person, are a good thing for your posture and overall balanced feeling.

I see one and he has helped with some issues but not with others. Sometimes I wonder if he created others. depending on the pain a massage may you.

like that's what you need :umno:
i'm having bi-weekly deep tissue massages now, legs only, and i believe it really works wonders for releasing spasms and knots in quads and hip flexors.

According to me Chiropractic has an outstanding security record. It is the outcome of a conservative method to wellness that avoids invasive procedures or addictive drugs. Chiropractic care is an all-natural method to better wellness that is established protected and successful. A thorough case history and examination aid reveal places of the spine that might he causing nervous system malfunction. These details will be utilized to figure out the ideal course of care for every patient.

Last week i started going to a chiropractor - for migraines and shoulder and neck pain - per the Xrays he took - I have some neck issues, probably caused by football and years of rugby.

He's a friend of the family - great guy - unfortunately i like to ask questions and he loves to talk so my visit lasts too long.

That's great that your friend is a chiropractor and friend of your family. So what's your experience with this pain treatment way.

I never needed one, but my wife uses one. Be sure to get a good one.

I have been seeing a chiropractor intermittently for over 65 years. Naturally it has been many different ones. I began when I was around 10 years old and the one my father took me to was OK but he and most of them relied on bone crunching. The biggest problem I have with them is they tend to claim they can fix anything like the snake oil salesmen of old. Plus you are never cured, you always have to come back next week.

When I was about 45 I was seeing one for a problem that just wouldn't go away and he recommended that I have surgery, which never happened. When I was about 50 there was a time when my back pain was so bad I couldn't stand for long so I was lying on the floor of my TV repair shop when the phone rang. I struggled to reach it and a woman was looking for a house call. I told her of my problem and said I would try to make it the next day. She then told me of a chiropractor in the next town she was sure would be able to help me. I told her I was going to one here already but she insisted I should go there and said not to worry about her TV she would wait for me to get better. I did call him and he had me come right over. After the x-rays he showed me what he found, made one adjustment on my neck and scheduled me again in a day or two. I walked out of his office in relative comfort I had not felt in years. I kept going for the appointments he scheduled and became a new man with no back, hip, leg problems. He never did another bone crunch after the first time. All adjustments were basically gentle touches and little pressures. After several years he went south on vacation and brought back a young woman named Sheila who came to work in his office. In about a year all his other office girls had quit and she forgot to schedule my next appointment one time so I stopped going. He died shortly after that and I believe she killed him. Google Sheila LaBarre to find out more about her. It's been over 20 years and my back is still fine. He was the best chiropractor I ever went to.

The lady who called me that day must have been an angel as her phone number was no good, the address she gave me didn't exist and no one in the area where her house was supposed to be ever heard of anyone by the name she gave me and no strangers had moved in or out of the area. All of her "neighbors" were customers of mine, I knew all of them and they knew me. So you decide who called me that day.

Timely. I'm about to make my first appointment today. I did get a recommendation from someone I highly respect for treating athletes. I'll post a follow up later.

My problem: According to MD, a bulged disk in L3-L4. 3 weeks now not getting much better. On Prednisone for a week and still not able to run etc.