I would like to keep running during the next winter. However the temperature often goes below zero with snow blizzard and heavy frost. It is not exactly the ideal running environment, is it? I bought a treadmill instead. Since I am a long distance runner, what do you think about long runs on treadmill?

Congratulations on your will to remain active during the winter. Many of us get lazy during those cold days. Coupled with unhealthy diet and quite a few beers it results in hard moving, beer belly owner who doesn’t know what happened to him. Buying a treadmill was a good choice. You can use it whenever the weather doesn’t permit running outside. You can run long runs on treadmill without any problem. Short runs, long runs…whatever you want. There are no limitations as what you can do on it. I have been a proud owner of a good treadmill for years and have never regretted buying it.

Yes, treadmills are fine for long distant runs.