I’m a long distance runner and I’ve noticed that when I try to cover as much miles as possible every day, I’m only exhausted and I very frequently can’t run even the half of my planned route the next day. It’s very inefficient way of training and since I’m not a pro I’m not sure how to organize my training. What do you think, what is the most effective mode of training for long distance runners?

Ouch! It seems as if your training consists of constant unorganized exhausting your body! You should know that just like sprinters don’t try to break the record every time they train, long distance runners shouldn’t run a marathon when they train. You should exercise your endurance and learn how to breathe properly. You should increase the mileage gradually, and you should never exaggerate. There are supposed to be no more than 2 long trainings during a week. Besides, even if you’re along distance runner, that doesn’t mean that you should run only long distances at each training session. Sometimes you should have a series of short and fast runs. Your current mode of exercising can lead to injuries, so change it immediately. And just a piece of advice – one day during a week should be without training.