What does treatment for emphysema includes? I have been diagnosed with emphysema in my both lungs. I am heavy smoker for 30 years. I a going to see my doctor tomorrow again and he will tell me how my treatment will be. I don’t know what to expect. I need some help.

The first treatment for emphysema is to stop smoking; your lungs won't repair themselves! There's no way to repair emphysematous lung tissue in humans, although I read that researchers are studying the use a vitamin A derivative for this purpose. I ask my neighbor, she is a nurse, and she told me what possible treatments for emphysema are: 1.oxygen therapy, which is used to increase the percentage of oxygen the body receives on each breath, it may be used in the home. 2. Bronchodilators such as beta-agonists and anticholinergic medications; 3. Corticosteroids that reduce inflammation may be used in a small percentage of people who have an asthmatic component to their emphysema; 4. Antibiotics, when there is evidence of bacterial infection; 5. Exercise, to help to strengthen the muscles that surround the lung; 6. Lung surgery is often necessary if an expanded lung is pressing against the heart….etc.