Do you think it is possible to exercise on pulmonary problem? I just recently-about 4 months ago – have found out I have emphysema that was developing in the course of many years but it's been only in last few months I started feeling fatigue and short of breath and I also have this rapid heart beat situation occasionally. And I am one of these that are addicted to the exercise so I wonder now if I could be exercising on such pulmonary problems-tough my lungs aren't severely damaged I am currently on brocholidators and occasionally on supplemental oxygen treatment. Do you think I could be having some exercise on pulmonary problems like these?

I don't know for emphysema but I am an asthmatic person and am exercising for years now on pulmonary problems. I don't see why you shouldn't be exercising I even think exercise could help you reducing the symptoms of your pulmonary problems. It is just that you are not about to have the same type of exercises as an average person for you could just like me have somewhat prolonged warm-up and stretching training as well as cool-down training and yet the cardio and strength training should be modified to fit your lung condition. All the tips related to your pulmonary problems and the meds you are taking or the treatment you are on are very important for your aerobic or fitness instructor so he could create an exercise training that would fit your lung condition.